can i use the docking for 2 mon extention without keep charging the batt?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

i heard that keep charging a full batt is bad the batt life. but i want to extend to 2 mon display so can i disable the charging part but keep the display extension for 2 mons?

W

Windows Central Question

i heard that keep charging a full batt is bad the batt life. but i want to extend to 2 mon display so can i disable the charging part but keep the display extension for 2 mons?

sansome991

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
i heard that keep charging a full batt is bad to batt life. but i want to extend to 2 mon display, can i disable the charging but keep the display extension for 2 mons from the docking? thanks!

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
There is no need to worry about this. Your battery life will go down over time. You can once per week let it die. Then charge it. The half life for batteries is about 400 full charges. For example going from 50-100 would be a 1/2 charge. Leaving it plugged in unfortunately will also hurt your computer. You should be able to get 3-5 years out of any laptop battery before you need to replace it

sansome991

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
thanks rdubmu, my solution now is i wont keep plugging it....
really wish that they can have a switch to not keep charging it when we use the dock, or resume the protable-charger-friendly function like SP3 did, it is a very good feature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GameYogi Private Limited