Surface Pro 4 / Microsoft Hello Face Recognition - Not working

vadaseri

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Surface Pro 4 / Microsoft Hello Face Recognition - Not working

Bought my 12.3" Surface Pro 4 256GB Multi-Touch Tablet less than a year ago. Used face recognition (Microsoft Hello?) out of the box. Totally forgot to set a PIN or password or recovery USB. Now the face recognition doesn't work and I am stuck. Camera doesn't turn on.

Tried to reset the password with my gmail account, no luck. I could see it connect to WiFi but password reset was not propagated. Searched the forums but none of them offered a solution. What are my options? How do I reset it to factory defaults so that I can start using it again?

Can anyone help?
Thanks

SurfacePro4.jpg

Anisonam

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Windows Hello isn't working right on my Surface Pro 4 either. I've had it for a few months and it use to work like a charm.
I tried to check the settings but under that panel received an error message of "Windows Hello is preventing some options from showing" and I was not able to reset the facial recognition.
My surface pen buttons aren't working either.
I checked and my version of Windows is up to date, although I suspect that update might actually be the problem. It appears to have screwed up some drivers.
I switched from Mac to the Surface because of the touch screen and pen. But the software is a nightmare of bugs.
If anyone finds a solution to these issues I would be grateful. Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes