MS Office HUP

donald sherman

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,
Just purchased a Surface Pro 4. I have been using the Microsoft Office that I downloaded from the home use program back in 2014 on another laptop I had.

I downloaded the home use office program again to the SP4 but the apps don't respond and when I try to run as administrator the EXE file doesn't exist.

Has anyone using the home user program experienced issues on their surface?

Thanks,
Don

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Hi Donald,

Can you walk me through what you have done? I'm assuming you went to Microsoft page, entered your serial number which then directed you to download the office package which you installed etc? Now any time you try to open the programs, they just sit there and it goes to not responding?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? Definitely sounds like a faulty installation of some sort.

donald sherman

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi Donald,

Can you walk me through what you have done? I'm assuming you went to Microsoft page, entered your serial number which then directed you to download the office package which you installed etc? Now any time you try to open the programs, they just sit there and it goes to not responding? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? Definitely sounds like a faulty installation of some sort.

I went to order history in the MS HUP program and found the link and downloaded - however, it didn't prompt for anything, I did put my work email in it which it emailed me with the link. I downloaded it and I assume my work email was sufficient - and I did see the program key in my order history but didn't need it.

Last edited:

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
I would honestly just try uninstalling and reinstalling and see if that solves any of the issues. I don't see any other reason it shouldn't work? I haven't had any issues nor have I heard of this being an issue. Try that and let me know, if not we can do some more troubleshooting afterwards.

donald sherman

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I would honestly just try uninstalling and reinstalling and see if that solves any of the issues. I don't see any other reason it shouldn't work? I haven't had any issues nor have I heard of this being an issue. Try that and let me know, if not we can do some more troubleshooting afterwards.
Thank you meattray! - that's what I did and that fixed the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon