Hi All,
    Just purchased a Surface Pro 4. I have been using the Microsoft Office that I downloaded from the home use program back in 2014 on another laptop I had.

I downloaded the home use office program again to the SP4 but the apps don't respond and when I try to run as administrator the EXE file doesn't exist.

Has anyone using the home user program experienced issues on their surface?

Thanks,
    Don
    03-20-2017 07:58 AM
    Hi Donald,

Can you walk me through what you have done? I'm assuming you went to Microsoft page, entered your serial number which then directed you to download the office package which you installed etc? Now any time you try to open the programs, they just sit there and it goes to not responding?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? Definitely sounds like a faulty installation of some sort.
    03-20-2017 09:12 AM
    Hi Donald,

Can you walk me through what you have done? I'm assuming you went to Microsoft page, entered your serial number which then directed you to download the office package which you installed etc? Now any time you try to open the programs, they just sit there and it goes to not responding? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? Definitely sounds like a faulty installation of some sort.
    I went to order history in the MS HUP program and found the link and downloaded - however, it didn't prompt for anything, I did put my work email in it which it emailed me with the link. I downloaded it and I assume my work email was sufficient - and I did see the program key in my order history but didn't need it.
    Last edited by donald sherman; 03-20-2017 at 09:56 AM. Reason: misplaced text
    03-20-2017 09:54 AM
    I would honestly just try uninstalling and reinstalling and see if that solves any of the issues. I don't see any other reason it shouldn't work? I haven't had any issues nor have I heard of this being an issue. Try that and let me know, if not we can do some more troubleshooting afterwards.
    03-20-2017 10:42 AM
    I would honestly just try uninstalling and reinstalling and see if that solves any of the issues. I don't see any other reason it shouldn't work? I haven't had any issues nor have I heard of this being an issue. Try that and let me know, if not we can do some more troubleshooting afterwards.
    Thank you meattray! - that's what I did and that fixed the problem.
    meattray likes this.
    03-20-2017 11:52 AM