The Surface Dock!

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
I'm curious what everyone else is using their surface dock for with their Surface Pro 4 and what they have connected.

Right now I currently use the surface dock to connect:

A second 24 inch screen

I have my Ethernet cable plugged in

A usb printer attached

A usb mouse

I have my beats wireless charger plugged in which is usually charging my headphones or a phone

I have an additional USB charger usually setup to charge another device like my Microsoft Band 2.

What about you guys? What's connected and how do you like it?

I absolutely love the dock. It allows me to be far more productive than without. Yes, I could potentially get around without it but this just makes everything so easy and fluid. I love it.

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I have one in my office and one at home. I have same setup on both places: external 24" screen, USB mouse & keyboard, external drive. I think that dock is a must have, if you are using any portable computer professionally.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
I have one in my office and one at home. I have same setup on both places: external 24" screen, USB mouse & keyboard, external drive. I think that dock is a must have, if you are using any portable computer professionally.

Absolutely! It definitely turns this into an all in one solution.

Andreas

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Using mine at home for easy sharing of desktop keyboard & mouse, and display of course. Aten US424 handles the keyboard/mouse switching.

However, lately its developed the dreaded WiFi-bug so everytime I hook it up to the dock the Surface disconnects the WiFi.
Did a reinstall and it worked for a couple of Days but now it stopped working again. Ive since routed a Ethernet Cable to the dock so atleast I got Internet working for now.

Will need the WiFi functionality later on though but im not so sure Microsoft will fix this problem. A search on the net gives the impression that its been around for a long time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb