Wifi Slow After Creators Update

Bnlf

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi All. Anyone facing slow connectivity in the Surface 4 Pro after creators update? I have 4 devices in the house and they are all working great, but my surface can't get a decent internet connection no matter what I try. Speedtest reports ~1mbit. It was running just fine before the Windows upgrade.

Tried uninstalling the drivers, changing to the last version before creators (dez 2016), reinstalling the drivers available at Microsoft website. No go.

Thx

Withheld

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
If you're comfortable with the registry,

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\mrvlpcie8897

Find “TXAMSDU”, make note of the current value and modify the from 1 to 0 then restart.
If that doesn't work revert back to the previous setting.

Bnlf

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
yea, tried that but no go. The connection is still crap. I get 20/20 on my other devices. pretty solid internet while on the surface sometimes i can't even load google. ☹

Capture.PNG

Bnlf

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
After trying pretty much everything, I just made the roll back to Anniversary Update. Fixed the problem. I guess I'll have to wait a bit more before trying Creators again. Really wanted the bash ubuntu feature =\

billcgold

Aug 15, 2017
Visit site
Try moving your surface pro significantly closer to the router. This is working for me.

My surface pro 3 internet speeds (both wifi & rj45/docking station) were intermittently and painful slow. When the internet speed test would not time out I was observing 2-10Mbs down and <0.5 Mbs up. My Dell Latitude was 15 Mbs up and 12 Mbs down (FIOS is my provider)

My surface pro 3 is now located 2 feet from the router. Internet speeds are 30 Mbs down and 25 Mbs up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel