Sometime if I am trying to mark a file in its folder to perhaps move or copy all of a sudden a copy is made as well when all I did was have the CTRL or SHIFT key depressed too long. I didn't want a copy made and it is really a PIA when I have a bunch of files highlighted and next thing I know the puter is making a copy of every one of them.....I then have to go back and delete each file.....what steps do I need to make to get windows to stop this?
    04-17-2017 08:01 PM
    Sometime if I am trying to mark a file in its folder to perhaps move or copy all of a sudden a copy is made as well when all I did was have the CTRL or SHIFT key depressed too long. I didn't want a copy made and it is really a PIA when I have a bunch of files highlighted and next thing I know the puter is making a copy of every one of them.....I then have to go back and delete each file.....what steps do I need to make to get windows to stop this?
    Just a suggestion :

Do a system file check to look for corrupt files. It will try to do repair if any found.

Elevated Command Prompt, or Windows Powershell (Admin) > sfc /scannow > Enter.
    04-17-2017 09:05 PM