Surface Pro Delayed?

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Well... This kind of stinks.

I wanted to get one in January... But if I can't, I might consider ASUS or Samsung.

The hardware is pretty, but I can't go from tablet (iPad 3) to no tablet and wait...

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
well their sales call is the 24th.. Perhaps they don't want to release the product right before that date and run the risk of reporting a low number for it based on other sales information they have for RT and research at MS about consumer interest in the pro?

They will probably have a release event for this I would think right? This may not be something they just want to "oh hey! it's available now!". I would think they'd want to show it off to everyone so perhaps keep an eye out for an announcement on a press event? Could be using it as a way to get some good publicity after the sales call. I don't know what type of numbers they will be reporting but if i were to guess, i'd say regardless many sites like CNET and the verge are going to write about how bad MS is doing and failing.. so they may want to surface pro tablet to redirect the focus.

Steve Ridges

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Isn't Office 13 supposed to released somewhere around the 29th? I thought I read somewhere that might release them both at the same time. The wait is horrible though! Come on MS, hurry up and take my money!

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's just because it is now January 2013?

Very good possibility. Although the wording they used seems like they are trying to hide something. If it really is coming in January, and they wanted it to be clear, it should have read "Coming this month".

So because of this I still have doubts. I guess only Microsoft knows the answer right now.... =P

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Wonder if a delay is due to the surface RT's reception?

I wanted a surface pro BUT I'm not ready to chuck that kind of money at a tablet yet

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Very good possibility. Although the wording they used seems like they are trying to hide something. If it really is coming in January, and they wanted it to be clear, it should have read "Coming this month".

I agree, was trying to be a little optimistic for the fans. :)

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I wanted a surface pro BUT I'm not ready to chuck that kind of money at a tablet yet

It's an ultralight.... think of it as a laptop with tablet capability, but tbh, I would wait for haswell to be included before getting one if you don't need it right now

Sparkyscrum

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Don't panic folks as Microsoft said this 30th November that the Pro would be launched in January. The Surface site in the UK didn't ever talk about launch of the RT until very close to the launch date so not surprised they aren't saying much.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Can't wait for the Pro.

It'll be my PC/tablet on the go.

But at home I'll hook it up to a high-res monitor as well as Wedge keyboard and mouse.

tropolite

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
My understanding is release date is still late January. BUT, if it's going to be a few weeks longer to ensure getting the new i5 longer battery life chips (announced at CES), I'm happy to wait that little bit longer.
Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_304 using Board Express Pro

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
My understanding is release date is still late January. BUT, if it's going to be a few weeks longer to ensure getting the new i5 longer battery life chips (announced at CES), I'm happy to wait that little bit longer.
Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_304 using Board Express Pro

They obtained all of the initial run chip inventory in Nov and Dec, so the chips wouldn't be the hold up. From what I understand, all of the components are ready. My guess is they are staying vague on the release date since they just recently got the chips and will want to have time to QC enough of them to make sure they don't have a large fail rate.

smsmith1975

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
My guess is they are staying vague on the release date since they just recently got the chips and will want to have time to QC enough of them to make sure they don't have a large fail rate.
Isn't that something the chip manufacturer is supposed to do? :confused:

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
They obtained all of the initial run chip inventory in Nov and Dec, so the chips wouldn't be the hold up. From what I understand, all of the components are ready. My guess is they are staying vague on the release date since they just recently got the chips and will want to have time to QC enough of them to make sure they don't have a large fail rate.

Usually, it doesn't work that way. I've been a production worker for about 10 yrs (8 with Toyota and 2 with Konami) and we QC parts as we install them on the line. Parts come from vendors, straight to the warehouse, tightly packaged and wrapped. Then warehouse delivers to the line. Parts such as chips and boards don't usually get QC'd till the end of the line, before it gets ready to ship.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3