laptop like keyboard, maybe with battery like asus transformer?

Justin Morgan

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
So I have the surface RT and its great. Perfect for what it does, and blows my daughters (shes 7) Asus transformer android tablet away. But her's has a keyboard dock for about $150 that we bought and transforms the tablet to a laptop, and doubles the battery life.

I had the type keyboard but took back and got the touch keyboard and its great. Only issue is we cannot use the keyboards on our laps. 90% of the time i'll use my touch keyboard, but i'd like a keyboard that weighs as much as the tablet and allows the tablet to stand like a laptop.

I'm buying the surface pro on the 8th and this is the only feature its lacking vs an ultrabook. I know the surface pro isn't a laptop replacement but with that type of keyboard it would be a laptop replacement.

Anything in the works? maybe in a couple years? also is the keyboard dock available for 3rd parties? could other companies create similar technology or is that not allowed?

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Cant imagine theres anything stopping them.... maybe a kickstarter project would work...

obviously msoft wants to tout the keyboard as an ultrathin cover. pushing it to a lb or 2 for weighting purposes would be like blood to the wolves in the OS debates.

with that said, Id still be interested in such an option. Question is... is the snap connector capable of receiving a battery current...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3