Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By hounddogdaddy

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    My local Best Buy called me today to let me know that they are taking pre-orders now! Looks like it paid off to call and harrass them every day since the release date was announced. :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013-02-01-21.49.11.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    ninjaap and Vallos like this.

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    So do you pick it up at the store? Or they mail it to you?
    Nokia Lumia 1020 on T-Mobile

Judging by the slip, it looks like it'll be a pickup.

Thanks for sharing this. Did you have to pay for it up-front or put any money down? I'm still holding out to see if Microsoft will be having any giveaways or promotions again like they did with RT (have a reservation pass), but if not I may just go with Best Buy. I'm a big user of Reward Zone so the Pro would help me out point-wise.

good luck with that...

after my lumia 920 preorder at bestbuy, never again.

Ill wander into the msoft store at 9AM and expect Ill have no trouble.

I just stopped by my local Best Buy in Canada and showed them the SKU and receipt from the States in this thread. They have no information on the Surface Pro, other than they know they are getting it sometime. There is no SKU for the Pro in their system, and there is no reservation information in their computer system. So... looks like we're not getting a pre-order option from Best Buy Canada unless something changes early next week.

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    Just an FYI. I pre-ordered a Win8 Asus desktop from BestBuy and a SurfaceRT from Microsoft prelaunch. Both didn't charge my debit card till the devices shipped. Actually my card wasn't debited until "after" my desktop was in my hands. BestBuy did do a couple test charges a few days before shipping, reserving and then unreserving the charge. Both arrived on launch day as promised.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fitchalcyone View Post
    Judging by the slip, it looks like it'll be a pickup.

Thanks for sharing this. Did you have to pay for it up-front or put any money down? I'm still holding out to see if Microsoft will be having any giveaways or promotions again like they did with RT (have a reservation pass), but if not I may just go with Best Buy. I'm a big user of Reward Zone so the Pro would help me out point-wise.

Hmmm....I used the WPCentral WP8 app when I replied to this post last night. The picture doesn't show up in the WPCentral app.

Cool! I ordered mine from the M$ store
    Nokia Lumia 1020 on T-Mobile

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    I had to purchase the standard Best Buy $50 gift card that will then be applied to the purchase of the Surface and that secures the pre-order. It is the same process that they go through with the Mobile department. I also had a reservation card with the Microsoft Store, but Best Buy will offer 0% financing for 18months, and i will receive Reward Zone points as well.

Microsoft was telling me that they would have a promotional bundle with office pro and their warranty program that would drastically reduce the price of Office 13 but the manager at my Best Buy said that they would figure out a way to match it. They have always treated me very good at this store. Now I just have to find some way to discover the skill of patience... Unlikely.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I was hoping to see if the Best Buy near me would "match" any sort of promo that Microsoft would have. They don't "know" me there, per se, but I'm a third-year Silver member and hope that may be any leverage to see if they'd work with me.

Then again, if they're giving away Xbox bundles and stuff again, I may just forgo the points for a chance at that again. During the RT launch, the guy right in front of me in line won an Xbox. :p

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    With your $1,000 purchase at Best Buy, you will earn rewards of a $20 Best Buy gift card. The Pro isn't listed as a SKU in their system right now but will most likely appear in their weekly ad tomorrow.

The Microsoft Store will offer a two year warranty for the Surface with two years of the Office 365 subscription for "under $200" (I'd guess $175-199) which would usually run about $300 total.

For the RT launch, they offered a free Guide to Windows 8 book as well as a free year of Xbox Music plus held a raffle for some accessories, a Xbox with games and a Windows Phone.

One thing to keep in mind, especially if something were to go wrong with your Pro, is that Best Buy is a third party vendor while the Microsoft Store is a first party vendor.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguyhugs View Post
    With your $1,000 purchase at Best Buy, you will earn rewards of a $20 Best Buy gift card. The Pro isn't listed as a SKU in their system right now but will most likely appear in their weekly ad tomorrow.

The Microsoft Store will offer a two year warranty for the Surface with two years of the Office 365 subscription for "under $200" (I'd guess $175-199) which would usually run about $300 total.

For the RT launch, they offered a free Guide to Windows 8 book as well as a free year of Xbox Music plus held a raffle for some accessories, a Xbox with games and a Windows Phone.

One thing to keep in mind, especially if something were to go wrong with your Pro, is that Best Buy is a third party vendor while the Microsoft Store is a first party vendor.
    Microsoft services it regardless of where you buy it.

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Thanks for the heads up. I am now Preorder #1 at my local Best Buy. Both pros are in their system. If your local Best Buy person says they are not doing it (US only) have a manager look up the notice. Also, they have to go into their "beast" system and choose tablets/other to find it. Hope this helps others.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    I got mine and they didn't have to do anything special in the system now that the Surface Pro is up on their Best Buy page as of this morning. I was actually the 4th person and I went an hour after opening.

Did the same this morning, was very easy. Now I hope picking up will be just as easy.

Thanks for the heads up.

Made my reservation this morning. No problems doing it. Thanks for the info!! I just hope I can get it Saturday now.

Just got my pre-order as well. It took them a while to figure out how to do it but I've got the same printout as you. Saturday can't get here soon enough.

Done and done!! :D

Heads up... Best Buy Canada just started listing the Pro on their website (no ability to reserve yet):

Windows Tablet: Shop for Windows Tablets - Best Buy Canada