Working Question

PeytonCasp

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
So I have been looking into getting the Surface Pro since it was announced, however after hearing about the space Windows 8 takes up I finally had to add a con to the list.

That got me wondering, is a 10.8 inch screen good enough to do work on? I mainly plan on adding Visual Studio, Photoshop for the digitizer support, MS Office, and a few other applications. I understand that it wasnt meant to be worked on for 4-6 hours in one sitting, however will heavy text usage be strenuous on such a tiny screen.

I am not a big fan of the convertible laptops, and really really like the ability to use it as a tablet.

So with all that said, anyone who has used the Surface or another Windows Tablet with a 10 inch screen, how did it go? Could you imagine doing semi large amounts of text editing on that size of a screen?

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I have the Surface RT now. I was in all day meetings last week in which I only brought my Surface to take notes, follow up on emails, work on PowerPoint presentations, edit Excel docs, and RDP into a couple remoteapps. It was perfectly comfortable and I didn't feel like it was overly cramped

just my two cents

cme4oil

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
This is an by and large a very personal experience question.. While I will have no problem working on it for a long time (had the RT for 2 months), you might have a hard time working on it for more than an hour or so at a time. If you haven't played with it and have a MS store, BestBuy or Staples nearby, go play with one and make your best guess as how it will affect you.

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
my opinion is that a 10" screen is a compromise, always will be. I will never CHOOSE to work on a 10" screen when something larger is available.

but the idea is that you would use it when you don't have something else available... its workable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6