Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

So I have been looking into getting the Surface Pro since it was announced, however after hearing about the space Windows 8 takes up I finally had to add a con to the list.

That got me wondering, is a 10.8 inch screen good enough to do work on? I mainly plan on adding Visual Studio, Photoshop for the digitizer support, MS Office, and a few other applications. I understand that it wasnt meant to be worked on for 4-6 hours in one sitting, however will heavy text usage be strenuous on such a tiny screen.

I am not a big fan of the convertible laptops, and really really like the ability to use it as a tablet.

So with all that said, anyone who has used the Surface or another Windows Tablet with a 10 inch screen, how did it go? Could you imagine doing semi large amounts of text editing on that size of a screen?

I have the Surface RT now. I was in all day meetings last week in which I only brought my Surface to take notes, follow up on emails, work on PowerPoint presentations, edit Excel docs, and RDP into a couple remoteapps. It was perfectly comfortable and I didn't feel like it was overly cramped

just my two cents

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    This is an by and large a very personal experience question.. While I will have no problem working on it for a long time (had the RT for 2 months), you might have a hard time working on it for more than an hour or so at a time. If you haven't played with it and have a MS store, BestBuy or Staples nearby, go play with one and make your best guess as how it will affect you.

my opinion is that a 10" screen is a compromise, always will be. I will never CHOOSE to work on a 10" screen when something larger is available.

but the idea is that you would use it when you don't have something else available... its workable.