Surface Pro Dual External Monitors?

Sam Sabri

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Where there is a will there is a way. But yes, the Surface Pro can be used with an external monitor - it has a Mini DisplayPort that can power an external monitor to some resolution above Full HD, can't remember the specific off hand.

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
display port supports daisy chain monitors... though Ive never done it myself. with that said, 1 displayport out should be able to drive 2 external monitors. Assuming it is display port 1.2... Which I am not sure it is.

I have just never seen such a cable...

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
whatever your doing on dual external monitors (presuming either spreadsheets, coding, or graphics) will probably be marginal on such a device...

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
My current laptop is a Core i3 with 4gb of ram and a onboard Intel video and dual monitors works fine. The specs of the surface pro are better than my current laptop. It shouldn't have any problem pushing two external monitors

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
pretty fine is subjective, really depends what work your doing with it.

with that said, I believe it will only push 1440p, which means it MUST have DP 1.2 and support daisy chain, because an external splitter that reads as 1 super wide monitor would not appear to be within the limits of the video card resolution.

I guess I could have said it more simply, I don't know lol.

would be cool if it does.

Jonathan Walburger

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I got my surface about two weeks ago and was determined to get two monitors. Right now I have two 19 in monitors hooked up. One via the mini display port and the other via a Plugable usb to vga display adapter. Both running 1280 x 1024.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Kudos for creative solutions, but when MS announced they weren't going to make a dock for this thing, I was quite disappointed.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
The new SP2 has display port 1.2, which means you can daisy chain the monitors. Old SP needs some sort of dock, like a Targus USB 3.0, which is what I used.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs