Every Surface Pro review on the web - in one thread.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
ok, well if they offer a battery pack for this that could be its saving grace. Get ready for the complainers who will say it should have had this inside it to start with, but until we get a revolution in battery technology, MS is doing the best it can in the smallest space allowed.

Steve Ridges

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
According to the AMA on Reddit by Panos Panay, there are strong hints the two extra metal connectors are for an extra battery of some sort:

SurfaceTeam comments on I am Panos Panay with the Surface Windows 8 Pro Engineering Team AMAA.

irishchug comments on I am Panos Panay with the Surface Windows 8 Pro Engineering Team AMAA.

Storage estimated to be more than previously reported by 6-7GB, see edit at top of page:

I am Panos Panay with the Surface Windows 8 Pro Engineering Team AMAA. : IAmA

Thanks for the links. Some good info in there. Nice to know things like the scaling and battery where not simple oversights and that the Surface team is working on them.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I've been reading a lot of reviews on non-tech sites and the usual pro-Apple tech sites and the majority are repeating the same "it's not as good as an iPad" nonsense without ever mentioning the positives of the device. They must be really desperate to keep those Apple share prices high.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Haha that's because it smashes the iPad out of the park as a tablet. Compare the benchmarks on the anandtech review. IPad not even close.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I've been reading a lot of reviews on non-tech sites and the usual pro-Apple tech sites and the majority are repeating the same "it's not as good as an iPad" nonsense without ever mentioning the positives of the device. They must be really desperate to keep those Apple share prices high.

They are doing their best to be down on Windows 8 and the Surface because they know when Haswell hits the battery life, weight and thickness issues go out the window and at the same time the performance gap will be increased further, then all they will have will be number of apps, which for an x86 device wont be an issue. Then they will truly be grasping at straws to find faults.

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to pick one of these up on Saturday. I don't live near a MS store, so I think my only option is Best Buy. I called Best Buy to see if they will have them available to sell on Saturday, and they couldn't confirm. They just told me that I could come in now and buy a $50 gift card that would go towards the price of the device when it does come in. Does anyone else have information on how to pick one up this Saturday if you don't live close to a Microsoft Store?

Po_MD

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to pick one of these up on Saturday. I don't live near a MS store, so I think my only option is Best Buy. I called Best Buy to see if they will have them available to sell on Saturday, and they couldn't confirm. They just told me that I could come in now and buy a $50 gift card that would go towards the price of the device when it does come in. Does anyone else have information on how to pick one up this Saturday if you don't live close to a Microsoft Store?
I'd try BB or Staples

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

Pro apple sites, are pro apple... pro microsoft sites are nnnnn zzzzz, sorry I snoozed a little there.

Buy what you like, I see more references to apple here on the wp forums than any bashing or references at all about ms on the apple forums. Just sayin.

Chinocop

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I would really like to believe that the Surface will be a hit, but I really have my doubts. Among consumers Microsoft has an uphill battle because they do not have the mindshare. So it's going to have to be a one customer at a time battle. Where I think Microsoft needs to attack is the enterprise segment. Business are the ones who have the cash and are not overly burdened with debt. They will have to get their marketshare from companies rather than individuals. Consumers are just too fickle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb