- 02-08-2013, 06:30 AM #1
Should Microsoft have made the launch of the Surface Pro be more of an event to remember? There is the big midnight event in NYC. Anywhere else? Pros/cons for a midnight launch event at your locale?
- 02-08-2013, 06:45 AM #2
Location: Mall of America
I will be heading to MOA Saturday morning. I was hoping for a midnight party, like I know Microsoft has pulled off for other products. Halo 4 comes mind. (I didn't make the trip; I only remember seeing it listed on the Microsoft Store events calendar.)
Pros for a midnight launch event: more publicity. MS would have to coordinate with MOA, so would make it worth the trouble and expense.
Cons for midnight launch event: the Apple store, across and in full view of the Microsoft Store, would be closed. So, no iFans whom to show off our brand new tablets. The undecided, wait-and-see masses would be more likely to be there to see, instead of only diehard fans.
- By iknowsingh in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows 8 ProReplies: 25Last Post: 02-10-2013, 10:29 AM
- By MAkhdar in forum General Tablet & Laptop DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 01-24-2013, 02:13 PM
- By mafu6 in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows 8 ProReplies: 23Last Post: 11-08-2012, 11:06 AM
- By kylej1050 in forum General Tablet & Laptop DiscussionReplies: 23Last Post: 08-07-2012, 09:15 PM
- By DroBoy in forum Upcoming & Rumored Windows PhonesReplies: 7Last Post: 09-19-2011, 10:20 PM