128GB Sold Out??

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
So, it appears the 128GB is already sold out online. Also, a cursory check of Best Buy shows no 128GB available in my area. Checking Staples they have the 128GB as "Online Only"

The 64GB version doesn't appear to have such an issue.

128GB shortage!

camdenlake

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Yep thats what i am finding aswell. Not sure if it was a logistics issue or what?? Hope i can find atleast one 128 today or may get the 64 and a big sd card for now.

Josh

rocketstu

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Could it be production issues have meant low initial stocks? If so, no wonder they're holding back on giving launch dates elsewhere.

Po_MD

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Lack of prep on MSs end. This sucks. They could have been prepared at least and increased unit production. They're bound to sell. There was a larger turnout at my local BB.

This is assuming that they were unprepared.

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
1 was available at my local best buy, I was 2nd in line, and there were 10+ others behind me.

Next shipment is expected Tuesday.

Rumor from the line was that businesses have bought up the majority of the initial inventory.

Juan Stevens

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I drove to the Columbia MD store and got there at 10. They weren't selling the 128s without a reserve card but had 64s. That sucked. I should have known MS was going to short sell these because of RT. smh. I then called MS and no 128s in the whole area. Staples had 1 64 and BB hadn't had their shipment in.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
No one ****s up a launch as well as Microsoft. No idea why they delayed release for Best Buy and Staples when they don't even get any to sell.

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I went into the msoft store at 9:20, expecting to be hanging around because they said they opened at 10 (even today as per the phone call I made yesterday).

low and behold, doors were open and they were selling.

I got the last one without a reservation card. I know because the poor dude that walked in after me got told he could get on a waiting list that they would call out on at 8pm tonight for any not picked up by reservation cards.

anyway, I love this thing!!!

I assume there is a fixed supply here... all they could do is push the release date back to stockpile more supply, but the net isn't going to be any different.

Besides, being out of stock is actually better than too much these days. people want what they cant have, appears to be in demand and desirable.

wvanellis

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft only seems to be able to perfect screwing things up. There are zero Surface Pros (62 and 128) available in the 2 Chicago are Microsoft Stores. Only one 64gb available at any best buy in a 20 miles radius of 60657. MS online store is sold out and they're not even taking orders to send out once its bask in stock.

I'm flying to Southern California tomorrow, considering the time zone, how can Best Buy, Staples, and the MS Store in South Coast plaza all show as not in stock and they ARE NOT OPEN YET!!!!

How can this be? did MS send out 100 Surface Pros nationwide?

What a freaking joke.

holmesr

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Somebody bought all the 128gb Surface Pro's in the whole state of Texas! Before 10:30am. Yes, I'm talking MS, BB & Staples. Right.

Luke Kailburn

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
oh well, patience is a virtue. This will give time for the first wave of bug fixes to be released and then maybe i'll reconsider getting the 128GB

-Luke

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Remember the thread a week ago that said Best Buy was doing reservations with the purchase of a $50 card, well, you should have gone in and done that. The GM at my local Best Buy (near Dallas) told me that most stores got ONE unit in (if any). Since I reserved my 128GB (and was the first to do so at my store) I got the ONLY 128GB model in the area. The GM told me that there was a line at the store, and 3 people basically cursed everyone out at the store. They had to hide my Surface until I got there.

It was pretty funny, when I walked to the tablet area with my email, the girl that signed me up last Saturday grabbed me and literally ran to the front to get the manager to get my unit out. It was like they REALLY wanted it out of the store.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Remember the thread a week ago that said Best Buy was doing reservations with the purchase of a $50 card, well, you should have gone in and done that. The GM at my local Best Buy (near Dallas) told me that most stores got ONE unit in (if any). Since I reserved my 128GB (and was the first to do so at my store) I got the ONLY 128GB model in the area. The GM told me that there was a line at the store, and 3 people basically cursed everyone out at the store. They had to hide my Surface until I got there.

It was pretty funny, when I walked to the tablet area with my email, the girl that signed me up last Saturday grabbed me and literally ran to the front to get the manager to get my unit out. It was like they REALLY wanted it out of the store.

I reserved at Best Buy for $50.

My Best Buy received 0 128GB and 1 64.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786