Type Cover on the Pro

annchez

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
what do you mean too noisy? Shouldn't be any worse than a normal laptop? Mine is less noisy than my 18x keyboard.
It's very clicky. Honestly I never even noticed it at home. It's probably because my class is super quiet. My previous 2 Toshiba Satellite laptops definitely didn't make that much noise when I used them in class.

I always type very lightly too, barely make any sound. I don't pound on the keys. With the type cover in class it was to the point that I had to type very slowly because I felt like my typing was disrupting the class. I probably could type faster with the touch cover.

justinm001

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Got the type keyboard for Xmas and returned it that day for the touch on my rt. It felt bulky and was thicker than the rt so having the keyboard behind it felt odd. have the touch and love it. No problems, except its prone to getting dirty. Also my touch seems to be comming apart right in the middle front area where the line is. Its definitely harder to type with than the touch but much more portable.

Is the touch still just a tad larger than the pro? The type ends are bendable so it covers the whole screen but when holding with keyboard behind it does not get in the way. Still hunting for a 128 pro
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I had the touch cover on my RT and sold it with it, but can't decide what to go get for my pro. With my RT I found myself rarely using the touch cover as a keyboard. I mostly used it as a cover and to fold back for stabilization. I guess my only concern is how well the Type cover folds back underneath the device. I keep thinking it would be weird to have the keys laying down though it looks like the surrounding bezel is flush with the keys.

Is the touch still just a tad larger than the pro? The type ends are bendable so it covers the whole screen but when holding with keyboard behind it does not get in the way. Still hunting for a 128 pro

Wat? The type cover is 6mm while the RT is 9.3mm.

justinm001

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Length and height wise the type cover was larger than the rt, just a bit, but enough to make it hard to fold behind and hold since your hands hit the type and not the tablet. It was just bulky and odd feeling. The type keyboard was the same size but the ends were fabric and when holding it wrapped around the tablet so you were holding both at the same time. in the couple hours I had the type it was long enough for my 7 yr old to pull it off and not want it on. the type she doesn't notice. This is big because when she tosses the tablet down, hopefully shell have the type cover overtop of the screen vs the touch not attached and laying somewhere to be lost.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Length and height wise the type cover was larger than the rt, just a bit, but enough to make it hard to fold behind and hold since your hands hit the type and not the tablet. It was just bulky and odd feeling. The type keyboard was the same size but the ends were fabric and when holding it wrapped around the tablet so you were holding both at the same time. in the couple hours I had the type it was long enough for my 7 yr old to pull it off and not want it on. the type she doesn't notice. This is big because when she tosses the tablet down, hopefully shell have the type cover overtop of the screen vs the touch not attached and laying somewhere to be lost.

The RT with the type cover folded would only be 15mm...and if you are giving your surface to a small child to use, why would you just not take it off and put it away in a bag/case anyways?

wharfratg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I had the touch cover on my RT and sold it with it, but can't decide what to go get for my pro. With my RT I found myself rarely using the touch cover as a keyboard. I mostly used it as a cover and to fold back for stabilization. I guess my only concern is how well the Type cover folds back underneath the device. I keep thinking it would be weird to have the keys laying down though it looks like the surrounding bezel is flush with the keys.

Someone in another thread mentioned the magnets work when you flip the keyboard, so that the bottom of the type cover faces down on your lap when you flip it behind in tablet mode.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Someone in another thread mentioned the magnets work when you flip the keyboard, so that the bottom of the type cover faces down on your lap when you flip it behind in tablet mode.

Well I know you can flip it back, you can do it with the touch cover as well. I meant I imagine it would be weird grabbing pressable keys on the back when holding it like that. Similar to the Lenovo Yoga.

wharfratg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Well I know you can flip it back, you can do it with the touch cover as well. I meant I imagine it would be weird grabbing pressable keys on the back when holding it like that. Similar to the Lenovo Yoga.

I guess I didn't explain it well. They said you can remove the type cover, flip it, reinsert it so the keys are facing downward, and then fold it back behind the Surface so that you are holding the smooth side instead of the keys. I hope that makes more sense.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Got the type keyboard for Xmas and returned it that day for the touch on my rt. It felt bulky and was thicker than the rt so having the keyboard behind it felt odd. have the touch and love it. No problems, except its prone to getting dirty. Also my touch seems to be comming apart right in the middle front area where the line is. Its definitely harder to type with than the touch but much more portable.

The Type and Touch covers are the same for both the RT and the Pro. I honestly just remove the type cover when I am using the pro as a tablet. I have found turning it around so the fabric is on the bottom when flipped into table mode helps when the pro is sitting on a slick surface. It really helps when you are playing fruit ninja.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon