Type Cover on the Pro

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
The Type Cover is AWESOME! I don't understand why any of the reviewers are complaining about these. I haven't tried the touch cover, but the Type is great. One other note, I have no problems with the track pad either. I just went into control panel and clicked the speed up ONE notch, and it works perfectly.

The reviewers out there seem to want this device to fail, but it is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!

Ekon

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I really enjoyed the Type Cover from the few minutes I spent with it. It wasn't connected to a Surface but it felt really nice to type on. I have a whole conversation with myself on the Cover just to test it out.
It was just a test, I'm not completely crazy.
I agree though, reviewers really want this thing to fail (Type Cover and Surface Pro) and I don't understand why.
To save Apple of course.

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I tried the touch cover, but didn't care for the lack of feedback.

got the type cover, love it, feels just like my existing laptop keyboard. but I will say... if it were lighted lol.

anyway.

to answer the question, yes, somewhere around laying flat the keyboard stops accepting keystrokes.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I tried the touch cover, but didn't care for the lack of feedback.

got the type cover, love it, feels just like my existing laptop keyboard. but I will say... if it were lighted lol.

anyway.

to answer the question, yes, somewhere around laying flat the keyboard stops accepting keystrokes.

How much travel do the keys have compared to other laptop keyboards you've used? Probably nothing like a Macbook, those keys have insane amount of travel.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
How much travel do the keys have compared to other laptop keyboards you've used? Probably nothing like a Macbook, those keys have insane amount of travel.
Probably nothing like an IBM Selectic either. That travel amount is awsome, if not insane. Wink.

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Id say its around 3/4th of my dell xps... maybe more. Theres no mistaking that the key has been pushed and that you pushed the right key.

Its like... you know when it feels wrong (touch cover felt wrong to me, though maybe Id have gotten used to it).

Type cover doesn't feel wrong, which is the best I can say and all that matters to me anyway.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I had the Touch cover with the RT, and I got that because it was more remarkable technologically, and because I went for max innovation and compactness. Also, I always expected I'd trade up to the Pro and wanted to give the Touch a good test. I'm leaning toward splurging and getting both covers with the Pro because the're both pretty remarkable. I pretty much agree with bauerbach's assessment, although I'd use the word different, rather than wrong. I've tried the Type cover at the Microsoft stores and it is definitely less different, and thus expect it would feel/be better for typing long documents. For anything else, I'd prefer the feel of the Touch, especially for Tablet mode, which I would expect to be in most of the time. Enjoy your Pros in either or both flavors.

TripsG

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Love this type cover. I had a similar Zagg on my original iPad and this one has more room and the keys are more responsive. It feels more natural than the Zagg due to the added space available. I'm really impressed with the type cover and have had no real problems with the track pad either. Both respond as you'd expect. I have no complaints whatsoever.

ComCypher

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
For me personally, the type cover is pretty much the only option. Having tried the touch cover it seemed like half the key presses didn't register. I do wish the type cover came in more color/style varieties though.

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I've got the touch cover, but after playing the with the type cover at the Microsoft store, I definitely want to pick one up. I'm just holding off for now for that future keyboard cover that could include an additional battery. My best guess is it'll be another type-cover, marginally thicker to contain a battery.

cme4oil

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I've had both the touch cover with the RT and now the TYPE cover with the PRO, I love the type cover. The response is very good and there is good feedback for key presses. I could also type pretty good on the touch cover, but nowhere near as fast as on the type cover.

mclarryjr

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
So far I'm pretty happy with the type cover, the only issue is how it feels when I fold the cover back use as a tablet (just don't care to feel the buttons) so now I just remove the keyboard.

foaf

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
the only issue is how it feels when I fold the cover back use as a tablet (just don't care to feel the buttons)

I felt exactly the same when I tried both in a shop. Pressing keys just feels strange. Made me decide to give the touch cover a go for a few weeks to see if I get used to typing on it.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
So far I'm pretty happy with the type cover, the only issue is how it feels when I fold the cover back use as a tablet (just don't care to feel the buttons) so now I just remove the keyboard.

While you've got it removed you can reattach it backwards so it folds back with the keys facing the back of the Surface.

annchez

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I was loving the type cover so much until I used it in class today for the first time. I never noticed it before but apparently it's too noisy to use in a very quiet classroom. Thinking of getting a touch cover now.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I was loving the type cover so much until I used it in class today for the first time. I never noticed it before but apparently it's too noisy to use in a very quiet classroom. Thinking of getting a touch cover now.

what do you mean too noisy? Shouldn't be any worse than a normal laptop? Mine is less noisy than my 18x keyboard.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism