Let the price gouging begin

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
It is not so much that, I just think it is unfair or unreasonable on those who waited in line and were turned away empty handed.

thatguyhugs

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I understand your frustration with not getting a Surface Pro today but those selling them on eBay picked them up fair and square. They had to make the effort to either go to the store or order them online. This is vastly different from when scalpers jam servers and purchase a dozen tickets before they hit the market then sell them at three times the cost.

Po_MD

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I am afraid that I succumbed to eBay's advances. I am ashamed, but waiting just a bit longer. The only store that had 128gb in MN was the MS store in the good old MOA. I am excited :D

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Well, extra money or no, he is actually getting one while the rest of us at the mercy of Best Buy get to play a vague waiting game with no ETA. *shrug* Some ebay seller might be laughing to the bank, but Po here has himself a new computer. Would I do it myself? No. But I wouldn't exactly fail him on that.

Also, depending on where the seller lived, he may well have payed far more than $100 in taxes.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, extra money or no, he is actually getting one while the rest of us at the mercy of Best Buy get to play a vague waiting game with no ETA. *shrug* Some ebay seller might be laughing to the bank, but Po here has himself a new computer. Would I do it myself? No. But I wouldn't exactly fail him on that.

Also, depending on where the seller lived, he may well have payed far more than $100 in taxes.

And if Best Buy gets them tomorrow on their normal incoming truck shipments? He will look silly.

And where in US/Canada do they pay more than 10% in taxes on electronics?

Ben Lehtovaara

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
And if Best Buy gets them tomorrow on their normal incoming truck shipments? He will look silly.

And where in US/Canada do they pay more than 10% in taxes on electronics?

Lol... everywhere in Canada. HST is 13%, not to mention random import fees that pop up if you order something across the border.

Case in point: I ordered a Zagg Invisible shield for my Lumia 920.

$24.99 + $25.00 Shipping (wtf!) + $20 import charge = most valuable screen protector in the history of mankind.

Also... I ordered my Surface Pro online in the Microsoft Store after being booted out of the line of "pass-holders" on saturday. Shipped super fast... UPS says its out for delivery as we speak. squeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEE!!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon