Surface Pro is the greatest device EVER!!

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I was disturbed by the battery life on the Pro, but when I realized that the Pro could replace my laptop. I don't get but 2-3 hours of battery life on my laptop, so 4-5 hours is much better. If I am at my desk, It will probably be plugged in anyway..

You better stop making sense! My VAIO laptop only last 2 hrs. 4 hrs doubles my battery life. Screw you MS for screwing me over!

anilraj

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Nope! Not me... that is when i catch up on all my movies that i have missed from the last international flight :grin:

If you really want to catch up on the last flight's movies, I bet you are talking about the entertainment they have in flight.
They have lots of movies.

anilraj

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I go on 15hour flights, half the time I'm sleeping. No where near to 8hrs usage. You're body is tired and so are your eyes. The tablet or laptop is turned off most of the time.

Yeah, it really funny.
Before the tablets where there, in flight:
--- You would read book, sleep, rest, and land fresh and ready for business / recreation.

After the tablets, during flight:
--- You keep yourself awake with that LCD light on your eyes, watch movies / cartoons, play games and land really tired to crash at the hotel room.

Ekon

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, it really funny.
Before the tablets where there, in flight:
--- You would read book, sleep, rest, and land fresh and ready for business / recreation.

After the tablets, during flight:
--- You keep yourself awake with that LCD light on your eyes, watch movies / cartoons, play games and land really tired to crash at the hotel room.

Exactly.. You would think now that tablets have been invented now books, magazines, **** even good ol conversation on flights were all banned and laptops and tablets were required to be used from flight beginning to end. The battery life of the Pro is good to me. I'm not staring at a tablet for 5 hours straight.. I doubt anyone else is either. Talk about Unhealthy.

wharfratg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
The only time I would need an electronic device for more than four hours without plugging it in is when I use a Garmin Edge for a long bicycle ride.

vivekforbes

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I also like to buy surface pro + Type Cover but only thing hold me back is screen size. Because i used to do the coding( Visual studio 2010, Sql Server, Eclipse), documentation and watching movies. I dont worry about battery life and 4 - 5 five hours is fine for me. is pro fit for above purposes? Please guys do share your opinion. i am really confused now..

Po_MD

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I will be developing on VS2012. Your eyes take some time to get used to the smaller screen. Documentation can be handwritten or typed, and watch movies at your own discretion

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I also like to buy surface pro + Type Cover but only thing hold me back is screen size. Because i used to do the coding( Visual studio 2010, Sql Server, Eclipse), documentation and watching movies. I dont worry about battery life and 4 - 5 five hours is fine for me. is pro fit for above purposes? Please guys do share your opinion. i am really confused now..

I will be developing on VS2012. Your eyes take some time to get used to the smaller screen. Documentation can be handwritten or typed, and watch movies at your own discretion

The screen size is not too bad, but one thin you have to take into account. You get a full 1920x1080 resolution, but scaling is set to 150% by default. If you set it to 100%, then you get the true real estate for the resolution. The drawback is that the type is pretty small.

vivekforbes

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
The screen size is not too bad, but one thin you have to take into account. You get a full 1920x1080 resolution, but scaling is set to 150% by default. If you set it to 100%, then you get the true real estate for the resolution. The drawback is that the type is pretty small.

I dont understand the last line(Type is pretty small). You mean type cover is small?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss