Surface Pro is the greatest device EVER!!

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I am a bit excited right now, but I LOVE this thing. I just activated Office 2013 and marked up changes to a PowerPoint presentation with the pen and shot it back. Saved all the time I would normally spend explaining the changes. ��

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Man I really want to snag one! Heck, I'd even settle for an RT. The iPad just isn't doing it for me any longer.

if you like RT and it does everything you need, grab it! Its a great device and the updates are slowly improving any annoyances.

As for the pro it sounds like people who have it so far are enjoying it so that's awesome.

thatguyhugs

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
The Pro is everything I thought it was going to be and much more. I've wirelessly streamed videos from the Surface to my TV, used the pen to easily mark up some documents and had some fun playing games too. Fantastic device!

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
The Pro is everything I thought it was going to be and much more. I've wirelessly streamed videos from the Surface to my TV, used the pen to easily mark up some documents and had some fun playing games too. Fantastic device!

How did you do the wireless streaming? Fyi, I'm writing this response with the pen!

Dinkumschnauger

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I imagine he just means he used the 'playto xbox' feature as widi is unfortunately unsupported on the surface rt & pro ;(

I'd love someone to tell me I'm wrong though!

camdenlake

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I agree. Love the pro after just a few hours. Had to settle for the 64gb but once i cleared some space and i think it will be just fine. Hope some more accessories start to show up soon. I nice rugged case would be good.

Josh

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I agree. Love the pro after just a few hours. Had to settle for the 64gb but once i cleared some space and i think it will be just fine. Hope some more accessories start to show up soon. I nice rugged case would be good.

Josh

don't count on it for awhile.. although I think pro is going to be way more popular than RT but its been 3 months and still hardly any name brand cases. I had to resort to ebay

thatguyhugs

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
You can do the play to Xbox but what I did was link it up to my smart TV which is on the same network. When the video app is playing (a trailer or movie), open the Charms bar and select device...my TV is listed and once I select it, the video disappears from the Surface Pro and appears on the TV. Same thing can be performed by my HTC Titan through the Connected Media app.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
You can do the play to Xbox but what I did was link it up to my smart TV which is on the same network. When the video app is playing (a trailer or movie), open the Charms bar and select device...my TV is listed and once I select it, the video disappears from the Surface Pro and appears on the TV. Same thing can be performed by my HTC Titan through the Connected Media app.

Hi and thanks, TGH. I had the RT and was able to toggle -somewhere through a Charms bar setting- between extended mode which projected the image to my TV only, and duplicate mode which showed on both the RT and the TV. Can you confirm that both modes are available on the Pro? Disclaimer: I only did this with an HDMI cable and not through a network connection that you are reporting. Thanks again.

dbgman

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I got the surface pro this morning. It is awesome! I got the Rock fish HDMI convertor because they were out of the ms convertor.

aalex

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I feel the same way. It's been only a day and I love this thing. was very lucky to get the 128 just by showing up at the San Francisco Microsoft store on Saturday, though I did have to wait for an hour in line. Still, was worth it.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I am a bit excited right now, but I LOVE this thing. I just activated Office 2013 and marked up changes to a PowerPoint presentation with the pen and shot it back. Saved all the time I would normally spend explaining the changes. ��

Lol I did that on my toshiba m200 years back and got flack for it cause it was annoying for that person to clean up my annotations :) I mostly stick to personal annotations / note taking for hand writing now. Marking up screen caps are useful too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills