Type cover - pressing keys and using trackpad at the same time

zhuz

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
For those of you with a type cover, are you able to hold a key down and use the trackpad at the same time?
I'm pretty sure it's possible on a touch cover, but for some reason it's not working on my type cover.

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
nope, does not work on the type cover.

I use an external mouse for gaming anyway, I cant game on a trackpad, hands are too close to each other anyway, no precision, too hard to left click with 1 hand on the pad.

Still, I wish it did work, but its the biggest "issue" I have had so far, so Im happy about that.

no clue if touchcover permits it... but I would have doubted it.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
nope, does not work on the type cover.

I use an external mouse for gaming anyway, I cant game on a trackpad, hands are too close to each other anyway, no precision, too hard to left click with 1 hand on the pad.

Still, I wish it did work, but its the biggest "issue" I have had so far, so Im happy about that.

no clue if touchcover permits it... but I would have doubted it.

Touch cover does allow it.

TheAccuser

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
While I won't be doing much gaming on my SP without a mouse, there are times that it would be nice to game a little while laying in bed without a mouse. For example, I just tried playing portal, and found it really annoying that I couldn't use the trackpad and directional keys at the same time. A game like this doesn't require any precision. Hopefully there is a software fix for this issue.

TwistedVIP

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
yeah i realized this issue when trying to play minecraft and failing epicly. I also seem to not be able to switch back from flipping my type board backwards into "tabletmode" back to regular mode unless i go into my lockscreen then login again. Do i just need to wait longer or is that another problem?

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nope, you can't do that. I wonder if they set it that way because it's a small keyboard and it's fairly easy to ding the trackpad with your thumb or other parts of your hand while you're typing, which can be super effing annoying. Come to think of it, I haven't had any issues with losing focus from my text window in the middle of typing a long response like I did (all. the. time.) on my previous laptop....

nwilson126

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
I found a fix. Go to settings, devices, mouse and touchpad. Then change the delay to none. Works perfectly with minecraft on the type cover!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3