Surface pro commercial

Samst22

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Here is the video:

Surface Pro Commercial "The Vibe" - YouTube

I don't really know what to think. It's nice and it makes the tablet come across as fun, but I don't get how it's any different to the surface RT commercial. If I saw that and I didn't know anything about the surface pro, I would think the only thing different was that it comes with a pen. They should've used this opportunity to showcase it's differences from RT. Actually showing the desktop would have been useful...

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
:facepalm

Why not show off how useful the device is. That commercial does NOTHING to tell people how amazing the Pro is. Microsoft needs to fire their advertising team. That commercial is ridiculous and will not help move units. Worst part is, now people are going to think it actually has good volume and will ***** that it doesn't when they get one.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I like it. For as much similar complaints the Surface RT commercial got, I know quite of few my Mac friends who stepped into a MS store just to check out the RT.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I like it. For as much similar complaints the Surface RT commercial got, I know quite of few my Mac friends who stepped into a MS store just to check out the RT.
And I could understand why they did that with the RT, but the Pro has the ability to sell itself if they just advertise what it is, does, and how it helps you.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
And I could understand why they did that with the RT, but the Pro has the ability to sell itself if they just advertise what it is, does, and how it helps you.

But the magnetic pen and magnetic keyboard is what differentiates the Surface Pro from other hybrids/ultrabooks/laptops/desktop. Otherwise, it can do what any Windows 8 Pro machine can do.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Are you kidding me? The Surface ads have been the best ads on tv yet! I'm not used to people knowing what my gadgets are, but everybody says "hey, is that the tablet from that dubstep dancing commercial? That looks really cool, lemme see!" or something along those lines.

Po_MD

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Are you kidding me? The Surface ads have been the best ads on tv yet! I'm not used to people knowing what my gadgets are, but everybody says "hey, is that the tablet from that dubstep dancing commercial? That looks really cool, lemme see!" or something along those lines.
+1

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I liked the commercial. I thought it was good to see Microsoft targeting younger people. Microsoft has the perception that its products are old, outdated, and uncool.

This ad is a good way to show the younger generation that Microsoft makes cool products, not boring stuff.

ChrisInSD

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site

I completely agree. I don't love this second one quite as much, but that RT commercial was one of the best of the year. It got me into the Microsoft Store to check it out. And Pro has definitely got this Apple (I've owned only Macs since 1995, before Apple was "cool") + BlackBerry user considering replacing my aging MacBook Pro with the Surface.

And no, I probably would not have bothered to care what MSFT was doing if there hadn't been such stellar ads around it. If you want to see a bad ad, check out the wasted $4m BlackBerry spent on their SuperBowl commercial :(

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Ads are like popular songs, its mostly about the flash and music. Not too many people care about the lyrics anymore. Most of the time, it doesn't make sense anyways if you take the time to listen.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
failure of a commercial. Tired of smirking, racially ambiguous guy. The faux climatic synth music is teeth grinding. This is a serious business tool and Microsoft needs to get serious. Your average Grammy watcher is not gong to be in the market for this. Microsoft just wasted more ad money.

justreason

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Just watched it and I like it.. You can see they are targeting youth and upcoming tech startups... The pen looks cool.. IDC IDC IDC when you see a surface.. You are looking at a revolutionary and beautiful device.

If they go the show off each feature route then people will say they are copying Apple..
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I like the Surface Pro ad as an initial announcement that builds on the Surface brand with follow up ads focusing on features and productivity. I think the Surface RT ads were successful in getting the product recognized. Several people have asked me something along the lines of "hey, is that the Microsoft tablet that does the 'click' thing? That's cool." Next question is usually "is it better than the iPad?"

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I just wish they'd air one commerical that shows the actual features and abilities of the device. I don't care for the people flailing about in an office setting like a bunch of jackas**s. I wish they'd dubstep themselves off a bridge to be honest. Commercials like these are no help to people sitting on the fence while wondering if this device has at least the same capabilities of their competition..and it strengthens the argument for the asshats that visit this forum regularly to brag and boast about their "way more advanced" devices to us.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Commercials don't pull people in who are on the fence. Nobody sits there saying "oh the iPad is good and the surface is cool, Idk which to choose! Oh snap, the surface has a cool commercial, I want that!". That doesn't happen! Commercials are used to introduce a product, make people interested in it. Then they go to the stores and say "hey, I saw the commercial about the Surface thing. I wonder what that's all about!"

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I just wish they'd air one commerical that shows the actual features and abilities of the device. I don't care for the people flailing about in an office setting like a bunch of jackas**s. I wish they'd dubstep themselves off a bridge to be honest. Commercials like these are no help to people sitting on the fence while wondering if this device has at least the same capabilities of their competition..and it strengthens the argument for the asshats that visit this forum regularly to brag and boast about their "way more advanced" devices to us.

That's why the commercial tells you to go to Surface.com and get more information.

A commercial with some guy sitting there reading off Spec's and Functions will make anyone walk out of the room to go do ANYTHING else that listen. This commercial grabs your attention, makes it fun and then directs you to surface.com. In the end, message is clear.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077