Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Has anyone run diskpart on the Surface Pro 64 and 128? I saw the Pro 128 at the MS store, and the C drive was 86GB total space. On 128GB you only get 119.2GB after conversion. That's a big recovery partition. Some people are saying they get back about 8GB when transferring the recovery to USB. I'd love to know the partitions and sizes out of the box.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    Are these the numbers you're looking for?

Surface storage

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    According to that site, the 128 Pro should have a C drive showing 110GB capacity. The store model was showing 86GB capacity. Not free space, total capacity. Can anyone confirm their C drive capacity is 110GB?

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DewgZom View Post
    According to that site, the 128 Pro should have a C drive showing 110GB capacity. The store model was showing 86GB capacity. Not free space, total capacity. Can anyone confirm their C drive capacity is 110GB?
    110GB is the formatted capacity of the partition that Windows is installed on. This does not include the size of the recovery partition. Does that answer your question?

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Yes, I'm fine if it's 110GB on C:. Then take just over 20GB for Windows, and pre-installed software. That leaves plenty of room to grow. The store model had 86GB capacity and was using about 40GB for Windows and store software, leaving just over 40GB free space - not a lot of room.