Surface Pro Cases

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Anyone using a case with their SP or have one to recommend? Preferably something that allows you to still use it while its in the case. There are several folio cases on amazon (and ebay) but are the typical low quality rubbish.

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Good question. I looked to see if any like that were available when I picked up my Surface, but I didn't see any. I went with the Incipio case.

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I have the $39.99 case from here: Surface tablet accessories overview

VERY nicely padded, fits the Pro with or without the pen in the power port and easy to insert and remove.

Zipper pocket in the back is nice. :D

I bought a Red one for my wife and Black one for me.

Can you please take some pictures of the case with your Surface inside it? From the link you provided, it looks more like a sleeve that you would carry it in. I guess I was imagining a case that would allow you to use the device while it was still protected in the case.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Can you please take some pictures of the case with your Surface inside it? From the link you provided, it looks more like a sleeve that you would carry it in. I guess I was imagining a case that would allow you to use the device while it was still protected in the case.

Hope these help!

WP_20130211_001.jpg
WP_20130211_002.jpg
WP_20130211_003.jpg
WP_20130211_004.jpg

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
If its made with the vents in mind shouldn't be an issue. Some of the Surface RT cases on amazon have an open top design which should allow for adequate cooling which should work for the Pro.

Oh... duh... I didn't think about that. Sorry brain fart. :)

Xiang Li

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I have the incase for 11inch MacBook air. works beautifully. anything designed for MacBook air 11 will work beautifully for surface pro

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I bought the extended warranty along with the MS Office 365 bundle which came with the Office 365 213 with 5 licenses, a screen protector and a case. The case looked decent enough. It's the same case that is posted above by another member. The above bundle came for $200.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
when you drop them an email, see if they can dedign it to function like the Touchpad case from HP for the 2 standing positions. Best tablet case yet.

Well I got a reply and they don't seem interested in making one. However another company that made a very good case for the Acer 500 replied that they would consider one but can't provide any info. They were very responsive with the Acer case so maybe some others can drop them a line. Their email is info@stilgut dot com. Check their site for the W500 case, very well done.

VelJharig

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a Waterfield Ultimate Sleevecase for my Surface Pro (Tablet Size 44-29), and it's been excellent so far. Small, waterproof, with a good amount of protective padding and a shoulder strap (I got the larger of the two strap options). Build quality is top notch, and it fits the Pro snugly with either the touch or type cover attached. Not a lot of extra room in the outside pocket for accessories, but there is a spot you can slide the pen through so that it's snug and doesn't go anywhere, which is nice (my original idea of having it attached to the Surface inside the main pocket did not work). The external pocket can probably hold a few cables and adapters, but you're not going to fit the AC adapter in it easily. I'll see if I can get some pictures of it, but the general look of the case can be seen on their website here:

Tablet Ultimate SleeveCase - Tablet Sleeve - Tablet Case - SFBags - WaterField Designs

smedley22

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
What I'm looking for is a folding case with a "stiff" hinge which would allow one to adjust and set the angle between the keyboard and screen of the Surface. This would give the Surface with Type Keyboard attached the full functionality of a laptop and would allow one to easily use the Surface on the lap. Has anyone seen anything like this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon