Real battery life on the Surface Pro

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Nevermind on all that. I started getting suspicious when the battery level wasn't changing. Sure enough, right around 5 hours she died, but without the usual 20% and 10% warnings. I'm guessing the level indicator got stuck. I hope the latest firmware didn't mess it up.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My real battery life is about 4.5 hrs of real constant use. If I let it sit their turned on it can probably go 12 hrs but the only worthwhile statement on battery life is how long it last with constant use.

Last edited:

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
@Cameradork: You do know that every charge cycle slowly kills the battery and that having it plugged in all the time will almost guarantee a faster death of your battery.

I am sorry but that hasn't been true of this type of battery for quite a few years. At this point it is just a myth/urban legend based upon a one time reality that simply no longer the case.

Codea

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info !
the battery report command is amazing.

here is the small batch script to make to see it quicker...

Just put this into a .bat file and execute it. IE will open and show the report right away.
powercfg /batteryreport start iexplore "file://%cd%\batteryreport.html"

hope this helps !
:grin:

Last edited:

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I am sorry but that hasn't been true of this type of battery for quite a few years. At this point it is just a myth/urban legend based upon a one time reality that simply no longer the case.
Which part is a myth? Each battery cycle kills it or leaving it plugged in kills it?

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Which part is a myth? Each battery cycle kills it or leaving it plugged in kills it?

Don't modern chargers power cycle the battery too? I notice once my device reaches 100% the light goes off for a while and comes back. I feel like it charges to 100% and then lets it discharge a few percent and then charges it again, over and over.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720