Since most of us are still waiting for our Surface Pro devices, I was curious to know what you current and future Pro owners plan to do with your Ultra-books.
    Feel free to add in accessory and SSD sizes as well to give the full range of your setup.

Accessories: 128gb Surface Pro
    64gb microsd with usb car reader
    1tb 3.0 External portable
    Bluetooth Mouse (The one Microsoft made for the Surface is way to small.)

Uses: I decided to get the Pro because of its Photoshop capabilities as I am a photographer and don't really enjoy sitting at home constantly editing pictures especially because I'm rarely home on my power PC. I found the Pro to be ideal due to its portability of course and the capability of showing potential clients my previous work on a great HD screen that not too small. Also plan on giving Adobe Premiere a go to see how it runs.
    I'm also a gamer, so I will also be setting up a couple of emulators. NES, SNES, Sega, Sega Saturn, N64, the list goes on. Using a PS3 controller Via Bluetooth.
    Movies will of course also be consumed.
    I will also be writing scrips, storyboards, and just general notes on it as well.

I'm late for work right now so I cant really think of any more reasons as I'm sure there are a ton I'm blanking on at the moment. This is surely not all I will be doing on my Pro.
    So let me as well as the rest of the community know what your plans are with your Surface Pro!
    02-13-2013 02:54 PM
    I am a writer, editor and web designer so i picked mine up for similar reasons as you. I needed photoshop and the ability to have firefox with firebug (a personal fav). I've got the type keyboard and a 32G SDHC card (just in case). I threw Diablo III on for a time waster and love it so far. Great device. I own the 128 GB version of this and the RT as well.
    02-13-2013 03:13 PM
    I think most people will have legacy programs of course. If not we'd all get the RT. I ordered a 64gb microsd card, carrying case, sleeve, mini-displayport cable, USB 3.0 hub. I already have an external monitor, hard drive, mouse.

I gave my laptop computer away to my daughter awhile back, so I only have my desktop. I think the Surface Pro will fit my needs perfectly. It's a tablet I can use around the house and on the sofa. I can take it with me in the car for use as a laptop and do work on it. When I travel, I'll bring my monitor and basically make it into a full PC.

Programs I'll install are Office 2013, PhotoShop, Illustrator, and maybe a couple other productivity software.

I like playing old games, so MAME is a must of course. I also play Commodore 64, Atari 2600, and Amiga. My Atari USB joystick will work great for this.

I know there are always compromises, but the Surface Pro's flexibility can't be beat.
    02-13-2013 03:20 PM
    I have the 128gb and am currently phasing it in and my laptop out. I have a simple set up with a second monitor and old school Kensington track ball. Everything about this just works and it makes it much easier to travel or work from a local coffee house if desired. I'm lucky enough to get to work from home and my company requires IE as its access point so this was a perfect solution for me. I used to be married to the iOS platform (iPhone/iPad) but they never worked well for my work purposes. I have since moved to a Lumia 920 and upgraded to Windows 8 on my laptop and now with the Surface Pro I am full integrated and much more productive than ever before. I hope people post more ideas on here as I'd like to add even more versatility than I have now.
    02-13-2013 03:45 PM
    I have the 128GB with a 64GB SDXC and the Type Cover. I'll probably travel with a USB SD reader so I can import photos without having to eject the SDXC which I'm probably going to use to keep my Lightroom catalog on. I'm pretty excited that I don't have to travel with a portable Wacom tablet anymore (pressure sensitivity is not a dealbreaker, I just like the natural input of a pen)

I'm an amateur photographer (as my screen name might suggest), so it's mainly a travel Lightroom machine and Internet checker, and a replacement for my couch-side computer and second screen for email or Skype when I'm working at home. I have Creative Suite on it, but I doubt I'll use it much on the Pro (hard to go back from a 27" monitor and 16GB of RAM :D)
    02-13-2013 04:32 PM
    I am planned to use for coding using visual studio, sqlserver, documentation work using office, surfing and watching movies. I am just worried about the screen size because I feel it's Small. What do you guys think?
    02-13-2013 10:57 PM
    I am planned to use for coding using visual studio, sqlserver, documentation work using office, surfing and watching movies. I am just worried about the screen size because I feel it's Small. What do you guys think?
    I do think the screen size is adequate. So far I've done some heavy browsing, note taking, gaming etc. And I find the screen size to be perfect. One with inadequate eyesight may disagree.
    02-13-2013 11:33 PM
    I do think the screen size is adequate. So far I've done some heavy browsing, note taking, gaming etc. And I find the screen size to be perfect. One with inadequate eyesight may disagree.
    Thanks. I am going to buy this device on May 1st week. This device is not avialble as of now in my country. Hope i will get offer so that i can get Type cover along with the device for 999 bucks.
    02-14-2013 12:04 AM