A battery related favor

CyberEvil

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Alright, so first things first, I am definitely buying a Surface Pro (128GB) on or around March 1st depending on availability, so this isn't a "sell me on ____" kind of thing. But I am curious about something related to battery life since, given the kinds of posts I'm seeing from people, I'll be using it quite a bit differently than most. My intention is to have the Surface Pro almost exclusively for watching movies/anime episodes/tv shows and the like. An argument could be made for simply getting the Surface RT or something else but I have my reasons for settling on the Pro.

Now my ask would be this: could someone drop the resolution of the device down to as close to 720p as possible on the Surface (not sure about all the resolutions it supports), turn off WiFi, set whatever brightness level seems bright enough to keep the screen vivid but also not maxed, and just run 720p+ videos on it, possibly just one on repeat in VLC or something since that's the program I'll be using anyway, and let me know how the battery shakes out? I fly several times a year for events and I'd like to know if it'd at least make a cross country flight (New York to SoCal in the case of my longest flight). I would much appreciate it! I know this is somewhat disruptive to using the device but maybe just run it while you're working on something else? LOL.

Thanks in advance for helping out if you do! The wait is killing me but I'm in the middle of a move so it has to wait for everything to settle down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3