02-16-2013, 03:19 PM #1
- 131 Posts
Hi guys. Just got my new Surface Pro 128GB model. Definitely a great device as I plan to carry to do some development for my school work. Now I just have a question for all of you. Can you wake up the Surface pro after open the cover or you need to press some keys on the keyboard or the power button to wake it up? I did mess with it by disable to Hibernate from power option as well as create a custom plan for it. I tried with both Type and Touch cover but none of the automatically wake the Surface on. I have the RT and it is on after I open the cover? Should it automatically wake up like notebook always does?
02-18-2013, 11:57 AM #3
- 457 Posts
Last edited by RTGent; 02-18-2013 at 12:14 PM.
- 02-23-2013, 03:22 PM #7
I actually in Power Options in Control Panel, disabled the Sleep when closing the "lid" (cover) and set the whole thing to sleep after 15 minutes on battery. I move the tablet around a lot so it's easier to manually sleep it with the power button when I want it to sleep, then to sleep and wake it with the cover/power button. Not a good bad trade off... I'm getting used to viewing this unit more like a laptop then a tablet (the RT acts more like a tablet).
I also changed the maximum processor usage to 50% when on battery, in hope to extend battery life and reduce heat a little... it does get pretty warm.
- By OliverK in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows 8 ProReplies: 3Last Post: 02-16-2013, 03:44 PM
- By Sam Sabri in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows 8 ProReplies: 30Last Post: 02-09-2013, 12:21 AM
- By mafu6 in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows 8 ProReplies: 23Last Post: 11-08-2012, 11:06 AM
- By Lundon44 in forum General Tablet & Laptop DiscussionReplies: 9Last Post: 10-17-2012, 07:01 PM
- By bradleyj in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 42Last Post: 06-03-2012, 01:50 PM