Amazed at the actual interest in the Surface Pro

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The Seattle store sold out of 50 units in less than an hour. It maybe only means that a lot of Microsoft employees live in Seattle, but we'll see.

polbit

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I think the best test is local Starbucks :) Usually a domain of Macbook Pros and Airs, with an occasional Sony ultrabook thrown in, last month or so I've been consistently noticing a Surface here and there. I think that totally proves that Surface is hot.

Jastow

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Same situation here in The San Antonio area: several 64 GB on hand, but zero 128 GB models. I want to get one if these, but 128 GB isn't going to suffice...maybe this is their way to get people to buy space on sky drive...i prefer some privacy and immediate access in case a data connection isn't available. These are nice for sure, but a convertible ultrabook seems a viable alternative (300 GB ssd) until MS rolls out the next iteration of surface pro (with hopefully more onboard storage) I seem to have to wait for kids to stop playing games on the pro/RT when I'm at Best buy :-/
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

anon(5327207)

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Those in Central Florida, the Orlando Store, to my Knowledge has not sold out. I have sent 5 people there on different days, they all came home with one.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Remember Microsoft Did give their Employees Surface RTs. Many of them do not need the Pro. I know My friends do not, they are happy with the RT.

You are correct that most of us were happy with the RT they gave us. However, in my circles (the tech side, not business) went with the Surface Pro for the flexibility of being able to use the tools and tweaks we needed without having to lug around our laptops (mine is an i7 based mobile workstation that weighs in at 7+ pounds). SP is much lighter and much easier to carry while keeping the power of a full laptop in our hands.

Chinocop

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I thought everybody was getting a hardware refresh, and they would be able to choose what machine they want. I have heard that some engineers won't be getting laptops because there simply isn't enough hd space to handle their day to day work.

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Love my Surface Pro, and my laptop is going to the kids. (If I had the cash, everyone in the family would have a Surface/Surface Pro.)

Supply issues are definitely causing problems though. Interest of at least two coworkers has faded to the point where they are looking at other Windows 8 tablets/laptops. A shame, and I know they won't be happy settling for something else.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I thought everybody was getting a hardware refresh, and they would be able to choose what machine they want. I have heard that some engineers won't be getting laptops because there simply isn't enough hd space to handle their day to day work.

True, we are all getting a hardware refresh and some are getting desktops only. As to what the plans are beyond that, I can't say really. All I know is I have a beast of a workstation (desktop) and I am getting a beast of a laptop (well, not much change from the i7 laptop I have now really).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon