Surface Pro In A Small Business

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
My CEO told me to purchase a Surface Pro this weekend. He is looking for one himself to act as a laptop replacement so he can take between his office and his other office (was appointed county judge for the next 2 years.) So, I purchased a USB to Ethernet cable that got good reviews and will purchase a USB hub for his printers.

Has anyone tried connecting a USB hub up with a USB to Ethernet and other USB devices connected? Once each one has been set up, has it been smooth to connect in just one cable?

Also, how is connecting to a domain with the Surface Pro? Pretty seamless?

Thanks!
Brian

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
It's just like any other Windows PC in terms of joining a domain. I've been using mine as my primary office PC for the last week. Works brilliantly!

All I did was buy a simple 8 port USB hub, and a Mini DisplayPort to DVI Cable.

Artikas

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if you ended up getting the docking station. But we have purchased the surface Pro with the targus ACP71USZ. It seemed to work fine but it has a huge downfall. the software needed for the targus dock called DisplayLink will mess with the Metro operating system. It will cause the metro apps to take 2-3x longer to boot up. Once the software is uninstalled everything will run fine again. I am running DisplayLink Version 7.1 M1.

Has anyone else had this issue?

mlcooper54

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Artikas - my Toshiba Dynadock was refurbished. Once I received my Surface I updated to DisplayLink 7.1 M1. I could not get the Dynadock to work at all so I've returned it as defective. I'm holding off on replacing it until I see someone gets the two to work together....or until DisplayLink comes up with newer driver. I've ordered a mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter in the meantime. I still like the idea of having multiple big monitors on my Surface. - Mark Cooper

Dewg_Zom

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Easy to solve. Go into desktop IE. Tools. Internet Options. Advanced tab. Check the box: Use software rendering... restart the Surface Pro. Problem solved. ��

cme4oil

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
FYI

For those of you with docking stations, there is supposed to be a fix released for the 10 second delay and some ethernet issues at the end of the month in the DisplayLink 7.2 update.

We have a fix for the 10 second delay when opening apps. This will be in 7.2.

We're also updating the Ethernet driver to be more performant. During the development of this a few bugs have been discovered and fixed that could cause issues. Hopefully the Ethernet in 7.2, released at the end of the month will eliminate these issues. Testing internally so far is going well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa