- 02-18-2013, 04:09 PM #1
Has anyone tried installing Desktop (or legacy) apps on their MicroSD? I have a 64 GB Class 10 but only rated at 30 MB/S...I installed a few GOG.COM games on it and it works fine. Wasn't planning on installing Visual Studio, Photoshop or anything intensive on that drive. Just wondering if anyone has done this and what their results were.
- 02-19-2013, 09:14 AM #8
Actually what I did was create a folder on C:\ called "SDCard" and make a junction link to a folder on the SDCard called "Program Files". Then whenever I want to install something to the sdcard, I just install it to C:\SDCard
- 02-19-2013, 11:10 AM #9
Unless you get one of the new super fast microSDXC cards that top out at 16GB, installing programs to the card is a lot slower than the built in hard drive. I have the Sandisk 64gb UHS 1 and there is a noticeable lag opening large PDF's or other files. I changed my mind and installed all the programs on the main hard drive. I use the SD card for saving files and documents instead.
02-19-2013, 12:20 PM #10
- 156 Posts
- By madhu.tmk in forum HTC 8SReplies: 49Last Post: 04-20-2014, 09:37 AM
- By CJ Thunder in forum OneDriveReplies: 7Last Post: 10-30-2012, 12:27 AM
- By louisloh in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 0Last Post: 04-30-2012, 02:09 PM
- By Jerryzkidz in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 11-17-2011, 09:53 AM
- By Chicken7 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 10-19-2011, 08:06 AM