MS fail continues on Touch Covers

LuckyPunk

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
So Microsoft managed to print some cool designs on the limited edition touch covers but managed to overlook the the quality control / design issues. I'd expect more from MS, but clearly they have their priorities askew with this new tablet line. (ie. supply issues, Pen Drivers, screen light leaks, usable storage space)

Mine after a week:
20130217_132123.jpg

JungleFiene

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
That stinks. I've read that others are having the same issue. I was wondering if they would've corrected it with the new touch covers (including the limited edition ones). Guess not. Is there a warranty on the cover?

mafu6

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
And if you contact them or take it in, they will exchange it no problem!

The quality maybe lacking but their customer service is superb!

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry you're having these qc issues, but if you think it's the norm, I think you'd be wrong. In any event, I hope they resolve it quickly for you.

LuckyPunk

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Just putting in my $.02 I guess after owning a few Samsung ATIV and note tabs my expectations were set pretty high. This is my third Win8 tab, and while I think it's a beautiful unit, I just expect it would be perfect for a 1k sticker price.

(my first PRO unit had DOA screen, and my replacement has the infamous light leaks, and now this with my touch cover)

annchez

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I got a blue touch cover from Best Buy last week and it did the exact same thing pretty much the first time I folded it back. Looked through the forums and reviews and it looks like some people had the same problem, while some said they've been using it for months and never had that problem. So I exchanged it and so far the new one hasn't done that... but it hasn't even been a week so we'll see I guess. Hopefully this one will be okay.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I think its pretty isolated failure. 10% failure rate is standard anymore. I've had RT with touch since launch and used it daily. Cover folded back most of the time. Mine doesn't show any signs of problem. Cool looking cover by the way. Hope MS takes care of it for you.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I've had the Surface RT for lke 3 months now I think, always Touch Cover connected, heavy use with both keyboard as well as folded back. Needless to say it gets folded back and forth ALOT. No ripping for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3