How to turn off trackpad tapping on Touch/Type Cover

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
If you are like me, you HATE tapping to select on trackpads. I could not find a way to disable this on my Surface Pro until today. To disable tapping (and quickly disable or renable the trackpad itself), search the Store for "Trackpad Settings" and install the free app. You can then disable the trackpad from the app if you are using an external mouse, or disable tapping (tap gestures off). I hope this helps others.
trackpad.PNG

Kascha K

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
This app is the exact same app that is already on my Surface Pro 2. Except that this app does not even find a type cover installed on the machine period.

The app that's built in that does the exact same function with the exact same interface allows me to switch off the trackpad, and then doesn't honor the settings. While I can't tap with the pad turned off, the mouse still goes flying all over when the pad is brushed with the heel of my palms or whatever and I end up typing in completely different places than where I am supposed to be.

This is hugely irritating, as there is no recognition of this as a bug from Micro$oft, no update, and virtually no attention being paid to it. And while I was typing this? It has done this three different times.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital