Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

If there was a competitor that was similar to the pro I would be gone. This lack of supply in retail stores is driving me crazy. The worst part of it all is that MS has told their employees not to speak about when their shipments will arrive and how many they will have in stock. Terrible marketing on this one.

Global Posts
    2,716 Global Posts
    Be grateful youve got the slim possibility of getting one - Still no news on when they will be available in the UK and the rest of the world
    foaf likes this.

I'm now looking for an alternative. Seems the UK and other countries won't get a look in for some time yet.

They have had them since the 19th online at staples.com I ordered on the 19th and got it the 20th to my home. 128gb model and still shows stock, had to cancel my MS order.
    I walked into the Bellevue square Microsoft store last Thursday and picked one up
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro
    There was at least one available at the Best Buy in York, PA last night. I got mine from Staples, but checked BB first... York is too far of a drive for me

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Sina, check with Best Buy. I know the one near my house had several 128s in stock as of yesterday.

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    I picked my reservation up at Best Buy on Saturday and they had at least one extra 128 in stock aside from the reservations. They should be getting easier to find.

Over here in California its pretty much impossible to find! I called every store today.. nothing
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,360 Global Posts
    I've never seen so much gadget lust directed at a Microsoft product. It's almost Apple-like in it's eeriness.
    I noticed the MS online store has stopped taking orders for the 128 version. Perhaps trying to drive folks into stores this weekend? I suspect there is actual demand for this product vs the RS version. In any case, I am thinking about pulling the trigger on the 64gb version. Seems to be plenty of those available.
    It really isn't worth it. For $100 more you get four times the available memory or something close to that. You only get around 25gigs of available memory and that doesn't include office or any apps you might install. With the 128gig you get just under 90gigs of memory available. Much better deal.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskanjackson View Post
    I noticed the MS online store has stopped taking orders for the 128 version. Perhaps trying to drive folks into stores this weekend? I suspect there is actual demand for this product vs the RS version. In any case, I am thinking about pulling the trigger on the 64gb version. Seems to be plenty of those available.
    I definitely wouldn't do that unless your storage needs are super minimal and will never grow, or if you're happy enough toting around an external drive.

Quote Originally Posted by smoledman View Post
    I've never seen so much gadget lust directed at a Microsoft product. It's almost Apple-like in it's eeriness.
    I camped out in front of CompUSA for four days to get one of the Microsoft Cordless 900Mhz Telephones - the line was around the block ;)

Seriously though, I'm guessing the Xbox360 people around launch day were much crazier and lustier than this.
    Sina Falaki likes this.

Global Posts
    3,334 Global Posts
    I was in a Best Buy yesterday and they had all four models available!

Global Posts
    1,696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sina Falaki View Post
    If there was a competitor that was similar to the pro I would be gone. This lack of supply in retail stores is driving me crazy. The worst part of it all is that MS has told their employees not to speak about when their shipments will arrive and how many they will have in stock. Terrible marketing on this one.
    I was under the impression there are similar windows 8 devices that have higher ratings than the Pro available. For some reason everyone wants the pro because Microsoft makes it.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    I grabbed the last one at an area (Dallas) Best Buy yesterday. But, I'm sure there are stores that have them in somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    I was under the impression there are similar windows 8 devices that have higher ratings than the Pro available. For some reason everyone wants the pro because Microsoft makes it.
    I picked the Pro over the Samsung and Asus because of the smaller size, and I like the way it feels when I'm holding it more than the other two. Nothing to do with who makes it.

The MS store in Columbia, MD called me today with mine in stock. Got my name on the list on release day. They were kind enough to cancel my online order also.

If I were to grab the 64GB could I just mount a 64GB micro sd?

Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    If I were to grab the 64GB could I just mount a 64GB micro sd?
    Yes for media, etc., but apps cannot be stored on microSD. 128 models are trickling in. I was in best buy last Monday and they got two. I was literally 1 minute too late as a guy was at the register buying both of them.
    Thanked by:

Thanks! Guess ill pick up a 64GB surface

just checked staples again, and they have the 128 avialable for delivery ion 2/28.

Thanks! Guess ill pick up a 64GB surface
    If you start to run out of room, you can always clear off another ~7GB off the main drive by moving the recovery partition to a USB key.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cameradork View Post
    If you start to run out of room, you can always clear off another ~7GB off the main drive by moving the recovery partition to a USB key.
    If I can't find a 128 soon, this is what I may do. I still have my laptop and desktop for most of my legacy apps. Honestly if it wasn't for the staggering difference in speed between the Pro and the RT, I'd keep my RT. I just find myself getting frustrated as heck with how slow it is at times. I've played with the Pro a few times now and have never seen one bit of lag on it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast