- 02-24-2013, 07:17 PM #5
So I opened up the Wedge mouse and paired it my Mac Mini. It's good for vertical scrolling on the direction away from you. As soon as you try to scroll downward the mouse can't stay still.
- 02-24-2013, 07:33 PM #7
I didn't even try because it doesn't seem suitable to it. My main usage is going to be with the Surface Pro for moving the mouse cursor around. The touch features are secondary to me on such a tiny device. I wish Microsoft would come out with a full size trackpad for Windows 8.
- 02-24-2013, 10:38 PM #11
The one thing I'd warn you about is that it uses Logitech's unified receiver thing instead of Bluetooth, so it eats up your only USB port. Not an issue for me if I'm home, but I won't be traveling with it because I rely on the USB port for a reader to offload all the SD cards in my camera gear (I have an internal 64GB SDXC, but that's for additional storage and I'd prefer not to remove it or swap out all my current SD cards with micros).
02-25-2013, 09:54 AM #13
- 218 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
So I ordered mine from Staples as well on Friday after the close of business. It shipped Saturday from California (I live in Colorado) and has an expected delivery date of Wednesday, but judging from what I have read from others they had similar expectations and it came a day or two earlier actually. Mine was shipped via UPS. Hoping to get it ASAP. I already have a type cover, which is such a tease.
I would guess it would ship from different areas of the country, depending on where you live. They have to have more than one warehouse. I will let you know when mine comes.
- 02-25-2013, 11:23 AM #14
- Three-finger tap is middle click, and there are lots of options to adjust and turn on/off gestures which is nice
- The entire trackpad physically clicks, but you need a hard surface for this to work. It doesn't click on my squishy couch arm, but you can still tap to register a click (you don't have to physically click the pad to get it to register), so it still works okay for what I need it for.
- Still like it a lot :D
- 02-25-2013, 11:26 AM #15
FYI the wedge mouse doesn't support any Windows 8 gestures. No horizontal scrolling, no charm bar, none of that. It clicks and it does vertical scrolling. I don't even think it does pinch to zoom.
Its a cool little device, I like it, I just wish it would get some software updates!
- By TenTwelve in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 6Last Post: 07-31-2014, 12:23 AM
- By slashd0t in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 9Last Post: 07-05-2013, 12:52 PM
- By 5in in forum HTC 8SReplies: 3Last Post: 02-08-2013, 01:10 PM
- By BIGPADDY in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 7Last Post: 11-17-2012, 06:39 PM
- By Winterfang in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 0Last Post: 08-27-2012, 10:20 AM