Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BENNIEV

Just ordered my Surface Pro 128 from Staples.com. Says "In Stock" and should have it by Friday! WooHoo!! Anyone order from Staples recently? Wonder where they ship from....
    cameradork likes this.

Congrats!!! Wish I had the money to get one!

Global Posts
    1,317 Global Posts
    I just got the Surface Wedge Mouse & Type Cover. No email yet for the "precious" itself.

Quote Originally Posted by smoledman View Post
    I just got the Surface Wedge Mouse & Type Cover. No email yet for the "precious" itself.
    I ordered the type cover as well (from Microsoft store cause staples eas out of stock online). Hows the mouse? I may get one if those too!

Global Posts
    1,317 Global Posts
    So I opened up the Wedge mouse and paired it my Mac Mini. It's good for vertical scrolling on the direction away from you. As soon as you try to scroll downward the mouse can't stay still.

That ain't good... How the horizontal scrolling?

Global Posts
    1,317 Global Posts
    I didn't even try because it doesn't seem suitable to it. My main usage is going to be with the Surface Pro for moving the mouse cursor around. The touch features are secondary to me on such a tiny device. I wish Microsoft would come out with a full size trackpad for Windows 8.

shipping is fast from staples - at least where i live. i believe it was the next business day plus free shipping over $20.

Quote Originally Posted by smoledman View Post
    I didn't even try because it doesn't seem suitable to it. My main usage is going to be with the Surface Pro for moving the mouse cursor around. The touch features are secondary to me on such a tiny device. I wish Microsoft would come out with a full size trackpad for Windows 8.
    I'm about ready to run out and try the Logitech one... actually I might just do that right now.

Please let us know how the Logitech works out.

Quote Originally Posted by BENNIEV View Post
    Please let us know how the Logitech works out.
    I did it, and got Best Buy to match Amazon's price, so it ended up being ~$60 all told. So far I really like it - the build quality is fantastic and the gestures work well. It's smooth and responsive and feels like it's just a proxy for the screen. I haven't found a way to middle-click yet (I use that quite a bit in the browser to open tabs in a new window and close tabs), but I only got to play with it for 15 mins or so before having to run, so maybe there's a way to program it. I'll probably use it on the arm of my couch and the Wedge keyboard on my lap with the Surface propped up on the side table for any serious typing bouts.

The one thing I'd warn you about is that it uses Logitech's unified receiver thing instead of Bluetooth, so it eats up your only USB port. Not an issue for me if I'm home, but I won't be traveling with it because I rely on the USB port for a reader to offload all the SD cards in my camera gear (I have an internal 64GB SDXC, but that's for additional storage and I'd prefer not to remove it or swap out all my current SD cards with micros).

Thanks for the review. I'm going to pick up one of those.

So I ordered mine from Staples as well on Friday after the close of business. It shipped Saturday from California (I live in Colorado) and has an expected delivery date of Wednesday, but judging from what I have read from others they had similar expectations and it came a day or two earlier actually. Mine was shipped via UPS. Hoping to get it ASAP. I already have a type cover, which is such a tease.

I would guess it would ship from different areas of the country, depending on where you live. They have to have more than one warehouse. I will let you know when mine comes.

Quote Originally Posted by BENNIEV View Post
    Thanks for the review. I'm going to pick up one of those.
    Cool, couple more things after a day of using it:

- Three-finger tap is middle click, and there are lots of options to adjust and turn on/off gestures which is nice
    - The entire trackpad physically clicks, but you need a hard surface for this to work. It doesn't click on my squishy couch arm, but you can still tap to register a click (you don't have to physically click the pad to get it to register), so it still works okay for what I need it for.
    - Still like it a lot :D
    FYI the wedge mouse doesn't support any Windows 8 gestures. No horizontal scrolling, no charm bar, none of that. It clicks and it does vertical scrolling. I don't even think it does pinch to zoom.

Its a cool little device, I like it, I just wish it would get some software updates!
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT