Streaming to xbox with play to function in video app

mane3215

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully someone can give me a hand. On my RT I would put movies on there, turn on my Xbox and hit the stream to function after a quick swipe up fro, the bottom which would stream the movie to my Xbox.

I tried this tonight on my Pro, however when I hit play to it says that I have nothing to play it to. Now my Xbox is turned on, both machines are signed in. I tried smart glass, that connected with no problems. I have tried everything I know to do and can't figure it out.

Any ideas?

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Play To seems dodgy at best. The last time I had the same occurrence you're having of the Xbox not showing up, disconnecting and reconnecting to the WiFi network appeared to have fixed the problem.

The issues I have are that once I'm already playing content to the Xbox, after about 20-30 minutes, the connection will drop (the pro did not go to sleep), and it requires selecting the Xbox again in the devices charm. Normally this isn't a big deal, but some apps tend to lose their "place" and start the video back at the beginning. Seeking video is also pretty dodgy while using play to.

Edit: oh also, check to see if you have play to enabled on the Xbox. Smartglass may be enabled, but not play to. It should be on the same settings screen.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Used Play To from my Surface Pro to my Xbox yesterday, actually worked pretty well apart from the first video always seeming to be played back at a lower resolution, restarting the video always fixed it. Music comes out so much better and HD videos look stunning.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium