MicroSD Disappearing!

TheArcaneFlame

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have a SanDisk Ultra 64GB MicroSD XC I card in my Surface Pro and it keeps disappearing at random times. I have to eject and then reinsert the card for it to be recognized again. It's super annoying!! Especially when I'm working on photos and am trying to save edits and then all of a sudden the card is no longer accessible.

The card was purchased new and only ever used in the Surface. Wondering if it is a glitch with my card, a problem with my Surface or a bug?

Has anyone else experienced this?!

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
SanDisk did have a few issues with earlier cards heating up. Go buy a 8gb card. Should be able to get it for $10 or so. Or try your card in adapter in PC. Load it up and see if you have the same problem or if it gets hot. It will get warm normally but hot is a problem. Might try formatting it in Pro too. Just try narrowing problem to card or Pro. Could be a pin connection or a driver issue as well. If its new, return it. At least you will be able to eliminate the card.

buhhy

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but you might want to check out my thread over at the Microsoft answers website:

Surface Pro microSD card unmounts after waking up from sleep - Microsoft Community

However, if your microSD card is dismounting while in use, it might be because of faulty circuitry. It could well be a hardware problem in the Surface or the SD card. Have you tried testing the microSD card in any other computer?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte