Surface Pro firmware update, pen not working anymore

Gravity oXo

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed a drop in battery life since this update? I'm wondering if it has to do with the updated WiFi stuff? My Pro would typically easily make it through my work day (not constant use, just note taking, occasionally playing my turn in Skulls of the Shogun, and web browsing). After this update, it seems it can barely make it through the day. Even with less use.

Has anyone else noticed this?

EDIT: Just wanted to follow up on this. My battery life issue was NOT related to the update. I didn't realize I had the GameFly desktop app minimizing to the taskbar. It was running constantly. Surprising how much battery it was draining. After modifying the preferences to keep if from minimizing to the taskbar, all is well. :)

Last edited:

robinlawrie99

May 22, 2013
Visit site
The same thing happened to me. After installing the update my Pro wouldn't turn on - black screen. Two hours with a Microsoft tech assistant failed to fix it, and he advised me to exchange the unit for a new one. I did, but after a second update my new Pro failed to recognize either the stylus or the type cover. Numerous reboots and two more hours with another tech person failed to fix the problem, and she advised me to exchange the keyboard and pen. I took the whole thing back and got my money back. Maybe Microsoft will fix the problems and I'll buy another Pro one day.

VikingSOS

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with pen not working after 8.1 upgrade when the keyboard is plugged in. To resolve
Uninstall the Wacom drivers app called ISD tablet ( or something like that ) from control panel . The pen will start working immediatelty after the uninstall.

You can install the latest drivers from Wacom Feel Driver | Wacom Americas if you like.
Good luck.

tommikovski

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem with pen not working after 8.1 upgrade when the keyboard is plugged in. To resolve
Uninstall the Wacom drivers app called ISD tablet ( or something like that ) from control panel . The pen will start working immediatelty after the uninstall.

You can install the latest drivers from Wacom Feel Driver | Wacom Americas if you like.
Good luck.

You sir made my day! The removal did not fix my pen problems, but my function less home button works again and this is really awesome. I bow before you!

Cheers,
Tom

hefetze

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I did all of the above.... (Reboot, shut down, uninstall driver, delete the USB device (as recommended in MS forum))
I tried to reinstall the driver and I got a message - can't find a tablet....
I even bought a new pen...
Nothing works.... Not the home button neither the pen.
I upgraded to 8.1 still nothing...
Any advice????

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site

Good luck.

So, assuming the non-function problem is addressed, what is the performance difference between the MS Windows 8.1 driver, which presumably takes over when you uninstall the Wacom Driver, and a new install of the latest Wacom Feel Driver? More customization available under the Wacom? More pressure sensitivity?

rbasulto

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Hola,

Yo tambi?n tenia un error 14 y no funcionaba mi type cover, control de volumen y boton windows despues de una actualizaci?n de windows update.
No pude reparar con ninguna de las soluciones mencionadas.

La Soluci?n fue:
1. Ir a configuraci?n.
2. Seleccionar inicio avanzado
3. Seleccionar solucionar problemas
4. Seleccionar Opciones avanzadas
5. Seleccionar Configuraci?n de firmware UEFI
6. En el inicio seleccionar borrar las keys
7. Salir y guardar.
8. Se va a reiniciar y quedar pegado en pantalla roja con frase "actualizando...."
9. Apagar
10. Encender presionando al mismo tiempo bot?n de encendido y el bot?n Subir volumen al mismo tiempo.

Listo con esto se soluciona el problema. Este problema es ocasionado con la actualizaci?n de Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware.

Espero que les sirva.

Saludos

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs