No international warrant on Surface pro, if your abroad, beware

yloops

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
For those of you who have your surface pro from the US but are away, or in the UK like me, recognise that you will get scant warranty support if something goes wrong. The power supply failed on my surface pro and they are charging me like ?70 pounds to have it rpelaced... 70 bloody pounds which is incredible. International warranty my *** dont be fooled.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
For those of you who have your surface pro from the US but are away, or in the UK like me, recognise that you will get scant warranty support if something goes wrong. The power supply failed on my surface pro and they are charging me like ?70 pounds to have it rpelaced... 70 bloody pounds which is incredible. International warranty my *** dont be fooled.

I am sorry but this should be news to absolutely no one. It is SOP that US companies do not extend warranties on products sold in the US market if then shipped for use in an international destination. The same is true when international market products are sold to people living in the US. It is why a gray market (international) Nikon or Canon camera carries no warranty (express or otherwise). Any warranty provided is sold or supplied by the retailer at their discretion, not the manufacturer. This also has a lot more to do with international trade laws and the vast differences between the terms of US warranties and those in various European countries as it does anything else.

I am sorry that this seems to shock you but anyone making a purchase abroad needs to do their homework first. It was your choice to buy an American market product for use in another country and that does come at a price if something does wrong. Given your use of UK slang and spelling, it would also seem pretty obvious you are not just a US citizen visiting another country. BTW, throw in the issues Microsoft has with the EU and it should be pretty obvious that there are legal reasons why they will not warrant an American product with the US Windows sku in an EU country. To do so would be tantamount to Microsoft telling the EU that their various legal agreements and settlements will only be enforced at their convenience.

yloops

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
You see I would accept that idea, if the product wasn't covered under an International warranty. The fact that representative explicitly told my the device would be replaced if it was the tablet itself and not the power supply is significant. How can you have something apply to one part of the product and not the other, if they came together!

coolqf

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
My last Asus laptop was purchased in the states and its had an international warranty. Same with the iPhone 4s that I bought in the states. My nexus 4 and nexus 7 also have international warranties... My new Sony laptop also....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
international warranty involve legal concerns and some company just not setup such away that they can provide international warranty.

Li Ryan

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
got the same issue, that is merely because the SOCKET is different... They will only fix the part that they will sell in that market, hence the Surface itself is selling in the UK, meanwhile technically the adapter is not being sold in the UK market even they are essentially the same one only differs in the wall socket part...
I study at Australia and my surface adapter failed in China, I tried to change that but failed. Then I got a Chinese power line socket and it worked...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos