Updating Graphics Driver direct from Intel?

mmaestro

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone updated their Surface Pro a more recent Graphics driver? It seems like Microsoft are, sadly, really dragging their feet on graphics driver updates: nothing since the initial release? Intel has an update from early May, and I was considering installing, but I was wondering whether any of you have tried and what your experience of the update was? Did you install using the executable or extract the drivers and try pointing Windows at it? (This is what I was going to try: the light install of drivers Microsoft provides is a benefit, IMO, less crap cluttering up your system.)

I'd normally not bother given overall my Surface is running fine, but I just downloaded FTL, and it crashes on startup, apparently it's an issue caused by an older driver.

mmaestro

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
How're you finding the battery life? I updated, and it feels a bit like the Surface is tearing through the battery in a way I don't think it was before. But it could just be me, or inconsistent usage? Looks like it's easy enough to roll back, at least, if I keep seeing the problem.

FTL runs, though. :)

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Battery Life is good. It's even better with Windows 8.1. Not as much as I'd like for improvement, but it is being worked on.

zokstar

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have updated mine directly from intel. Once you have updated from Intel, you should hide the MS driver from Win update.

Battery life.. about the same I guess.. I have change one setting under "power options > Battery" and moved the slider.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes