Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Tempest790
  • 1 Post By sashlon
  • 1 Post By micaels

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    I love my Surface Pro, but Microsoft hinted that new accessories to the keyboard dock and possibly a keyboard with a built in battery. Plus, I'm sure it supports other stuff too.

...And nothing.

I never used Android (and never will), but when your competitors are going to have a complete product cycle before you even introduce some new accessories, Microsoft has an uphill battle.

Please, MS give us some new toys for our Surfaces!

If Nokia introduces a 10" tablet with at least a 1080p screen, I'm all over it.
    felickz likes this.

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts
    I can imagine that MS will hold back those battery-packed keyboards untill they introduce the new surface (2) devices.
    Phone: Nokia Lumia 920 (unlocked)

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Have to say that I like their current offerings, some good options there. What do you currently have?

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    What would be really great for the Pro is an external battery pack, like what the Sony Vaio Duo 11 has. And/or a charging/connectivity dock. For example, it could offer a couple of extra USB ports, a HDMI out, an Ethernet port and an SD reader. That'd be a great addition for the Pro.

Or what about a Hard drive dock, say it does charging and has a 300gb hard drive built in?
    Tempest790 likes this.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sashlon View Post
    What would be really great for the Pro is an external battery pack, like what the Sony Vaio Duo 11 has. And/or a charging/connectivity dock. For example, it could offer a couple of extra USB ports, a HDMI out, an Ethernet port and an SD reader. That'd be a great addition for the Pro.

Or what about a Hard drive dock, say it does charging and has a 300gb hard drive built in?
    I would more like to see a "docking station" so that you could use it a a regular desktop when you need to.
    felickz likes this.

Global Posts
    923 Global Posts
    The "cool accessories" are the same place for Google, Apple, Asus, HP, Samsung, Sony, Toshiba, etc., etc.,. They exist in the realm of marketing people whose goal is to keep interest, not deliver products. Nothing was ever promised beyond what was available on release and nothing has been delivered. That is pretty much what I expected. Some things may make an appearance eventually but I never buy a device based upon what might be added some day in the future. The same also holds true for every company in the business, not just Microsoft.

The pro has the extra ports next to the keyboard connector... Has anyone tried to hack these connectors and make a custom dock?