RUMOUR: Surface Pro 2: Haswell & doubled RAM

foaf

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm super excited to see the Surface Pro 2 rumour pop up today from Neowin and corroborated by Paul Thurrott
Surface Pro 2: Haswell, more RAM and a 'refined' kickstand - Neowin
http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/surface-pro-2-details-emerge

Little detail at the moment, but:
  • Haswell-based Core i5
  • RAM doubled to 8GB (possibility of 4GB option)
  • Minimal aesthetic changes, but "refined" the kickstand

What do you think? Excited or unexcited? Be sure to state whether you're a pro v1 owner or not with your reply.

bradbamford

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have both RT and pro

I hope the new Pro version is thinner and lighter.
If it was the same size and weight of the current RT version, that would be awesome.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I missed the staple's sale last week. I think I'm not going to wait that long. I will keep an eye out for some type of future sale and pick up a current Surface Pro. I have not heard one bad thing about them.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I have no interest in Pro, but RT is what im excited about. I really hope they bring some game changers to the table !

capcom303

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Been thinking about give a surface pro a try so it's nice to see they maybe getting a new version out soon. The spec's as been some of the hold up for me so will have to see what the put out there next

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Also rumored that they are going to discontinue the Suffix RT .

They will just call the device Microsoft Surface and Microsoft Surface Pro which makes perfect sense and is easily marketable.

capcom303

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Would love to see more on the new stand. For me I use a laptop in my lap some times so something that would help to sit more like a laptop would be better for me. Not sure how they would do it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte