Anyone hear this bit of Surface news?

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Considering how cheap and crummy-looking the Windows 8 tablet prototypes Acer unveiled at Computex were, they can hit the road if they want to. I don't think MS will miss them if this turns out not to be a hollow threat (and I suspect it is). Lenovo, Samsung, HP, and Dell aren't running to mommy crying about the Surface, and they, unlike Acer, are actually relevant and desirable brands.

Besides, where would Acer go? Linux computers and Android tablets? That might please the open-source 1%, but it's no recipe for commercial success.

kylej1050

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Goes to show the kind of company they are.

Microsoft announces the Surface and Acer complains while Lenovo shows off a nice mid-grade(comparing processors between ARM and i5) tablet with 3G and pen that people actually like.

When you start talking like this it makes people think that you are either unable to compete or you don't want to. If you don't want to, keep making Android tablets, most companies have set a pretty low bar for those already.

Most complaint I've heard about the Thinkpad 2 is the lack of 1080 screen and people complaining about an Atom processor that is nothing like the first ones that they experienced in the past.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Goes to show the kind of company they are.

Microsoft announces the Surface and Acer complains while Lenovo shows off a nice mid-grade(comparing processors between ARM and i5) tablet with 3G and pen that people actually like.

Agreed.

Most complaint I've heard about the Thinkpad 2 is the lack of 1080 screen and people complaining about an Atom processor that is nothing like the first ones that they experienced in the past.

Ironically, the people complaining about the screen and battery life of the Thinkpad Tablet 2 would be PERFECTLY served by the Surface Pro. The Tablet 2 is a perfect mid-range option between the long battery life and low price of the Surface RT and the professional abilities (x86, digitizer pen) of the Surface Pro. But the jack of all trades is the master of none, and the Tablet 2 isn't extremely anything like the Surface models are.