Preorder or chance the MS Store

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Well, I didn't get my preorder in quick enough for a launch day 32 GB, so now I am debating should I pre order it at 3 weeks out (1.5 weeks after launch) or take my chances on picking it up at the pop up store that will be opening up near me after work. I wouldn't be able to get to the store until 7ish. What would you do?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Well, if these popup stores are opening to only have enough stock to sell devices for a few hours, that would be pretty silly. Don't want to "order" a Surface from a cash and carry popup.

Sure, assuming Surface is wildly successful, they might have some situations in the next 8 weeks where stock will be in short supply. But I think you are pretty safe for launch day. After all, this isn't the iPad. Not yet, anyway.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Ya, I want the keyboardless version because of two reasons:
1. Not sure how I feel about the TouchCover
2. If I get a TouchCover, I want the red one. Its worth the extra $30 to me.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Well, if these popup stores are opening to only have enough stock to sell devices for a few hours, that would be pretty silly. Don't want to "order" a Surface from a cash and carry popup.

Sure, assuming Surface is wildly successful, they might have some situations in the next 8 weeks where stock will be in short supply. But I think you are pretty safe for launch day. After all, this isn't the iPad. Not yet, anyway.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

You make a good point. That would be a little ridiculous if they had less than a days supply when they are pretty much being set up to sell the Surface. Maybe MS figures the $499 version will be the most popular so they didn't allocate too many for pre order to ensure their stores had adequate supplies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss