Controllers on Surface RT

mafu6

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
So

Something quite interesting I think...

Does anyone know if it will work with the plug and charge USB option of a wirless controller? Or do I have to go out and buy a wired controller? It would be soooo good if it worked with the bluetoothy type one, but i read somewhere that the 360 controllers use some sort of mod'd bluetooth (which explains why connecting it to my current tablet HP Touchpad running cyanogenmod doesnt work)

Now games is the next issue... What games would you be able to play with a physical controller? It must be currently limited due to the number of games that will run on windows RT.

Next question.. I have a PS3 controller that works via USB on my Laptop, do you think it would work on the surface? Now this may be down to personal pref, but I prefer to use a PS3 controller of the 360 one.

I cant wait to get my hands on a Surface RT, I think i'll be giving the Pro a miss as I cant justify getting one when my Laptop is currently still fine and will be running Win8 as soon as I get back.

Thoughts?

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
You can use a wired 360 controller.

And why on earth would you prefer using the horrid dualshock? Yeesh. But I am not sure about a usb PS3 controller. It may work with generic controller drivers.

Last edited:

mafu6

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
You can use a wired 360 controller.

And on earth would you prefer using the horrid dualshock? Yeesh. But I am not sure about a usb PS3 controller. It may work with generic controller drivers.

I grew up playing PS1, PS2 and now play PS3 and 360.. I just enjoy the PS3 controller more.... (Jeeeeees opinions not allowed)

So what you are telling me is that I'll have to go and buy a wired 360 controller? I have a non standard controller somewhere in the house that I used to use... Any idea if they may be supported? Also anybody have any Idea ot this will work on WinRT

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-Wirele...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU1718298

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I grew up playing PS1, PS2 and now play PS3 and 360.. I just enjoy the PS3 controller more.... (Jeeeeees opinions not allowed)

So what you are telling me is that I'll have to go and buy a wired 360 controller? I have a non standard controller somewhere in the house that I used to use... Any idea if they may be supported? Also anybody have any Idea ot this will work on WinRT

Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver For Windows (Xbox 360): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

I am telling you that all we know so far, is that the developers in the reddit AMA today, said they used USB 360 controllers on it. That doesn't mean using a receiver wouldn't work, or that the PS3 controller doesn't.

But we can't give you information we don't have yet.

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
USB support is meant to be pretty good with the devs saying they expect thousands of devices just to work. The real question is MAME will there be a RT version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss