Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jimski
  • 1 Post By crystal_planet
  • 1 Post By jdevenberg

When you order the RT, will you purchase the RT keyboard later, not at all or are you getting both when you order?

BTW, can you simply buy a protective case for the RT or is the keyboard all there is?

My Wife is getting mine for me as a Christmas gift. pretty sure she has pre ordered it already but I indicated I didn't need the Keyboard. So I am getting it minus the Keyboard I can always get one down the road if I want.

I hope I don't have to wait all the way to Christmas to use it.

CoopII

I'm buying just the Surface to start. I'll try to get hands-on with the keyboard when I buy it, just to see how much I like it. Then I'll evaluate my usage over the next few weeks. If it turns out I want/need a keyboard, I'll get one. However, I'm getting this as a content consumption tablet, so a keyboard isn't really necessary.

As I have pre ordered the 64GB I did not have a say whether I want a key board or not.
    If I had a choice I would have ordered a cyan one later if needed.

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    I got the cyan touch cover, as I want keyboard/trackpad for the desktop and most importantly want some sort of screen cover from day one.

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    Ordered the Cyan Touch and the Type kb. Not sure if I will like typing on the Touch, but it's nice that you can flip it out of the way. The Type cover can also be used as a cover, but flipping it back would probably be messy holding the tablet while squeezing the keys. I know the keys are disabled when flipped, but it might not be healthy for the kb. While I will primarily use the device for consumption, typing in forums like this will be easier with a physical kb.

If I settle on one or the other, I can always get $25-$50 on eBay for the other. But I will probably keep both.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502
    Jazmac likes this.

Global Posts
    1,045 Global Posts
    I ordered with the keyboard. I imagine there will be a "dumb cover" by a third party coming up soon, but I don't know when that will be and I wanted the screen protected from day one.
    My next phone...
    Jazmac likes this.

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    One of the reasons I got the Surface is because of the touch cover so of course I ordered mine with the cover. :D

I was going to wait for Surface PRO, but I changed my mine. I have a Lenovo X220T, which has a touch screen and stylus. Although it is much bigger and heavier than Surface PRO, I can still experience the new Windows 8 interface.
    Nokia Lumia 1020 on T-Mobile

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I'm undecided on whether I want the Touch or the Type, and in either case I'll be waiting for their prices to come done because no way am I paying 100 bucks on a keyboard. Everyone seems to be charging an extra Benjamin for the dumbest of upgrades...

Global Posts
    2,561 Global Posts
    later if i decide i need it. the red one is where its at

Quote Originally Posted by crystal_planet View Post
    I ordered with the keyboard. I imagine there will be a "dumb cover" by a third party coming up soon, but I don't know when that will be and I wanted the screen protected from day one.
    I saw two such protective cases for the RT on Amazon. One looks like the ladies of Aunt Bea's quilting club put together and the other looked like at least some thought was put into it. Its not too bad looking for a protective cover. Its 19 bucks and I agree, it does need something to cover it.

Global Posts
    1,045 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Techblogger View Post
    I saw two such protective cases for the RT on Amazon. One looks like the ladies of Aunt Bea's quilting club put together and the other looked like at least some thought was put into it. Its not too bad looking for a protective cover. Its 19 bucks and I agree, it does need something to cover it.
    Already?
    My next phone...

Global Posts
    2,561 Global Posts
    Already?
    Companies make these products way before launch. Best Buy by me still has cases labled "Made for the New iPhone" because companies manufactured them prior to Apple officially announcing the name.
  14. rbf

I also pre-ordered the 64GB... of course with the black touch cover included. I also ordered a blue touch cover, and a type cover as well... not to mention a couple of extra's.

Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I ordered the 32GB that included the touch cover partly because I didn't feel like having to wait an extra week or 2 to get the one without the cover. I figure it'll be nice to have.
    I'll get one w/o cover, but order a type cover at the same time. I don't like to look at my hands when I'm typing.

Global Posts
    2,250 Global Posts
    I bought both keyboards. The thin one for on the road and the other one for my office.

Global Posts
    2,561 Global Posts
    I had been planning on getting the keyboard later, but things have changed.

I'm selling my GSII Skyrocket for $200. Picking up an $80 Lumia 900. Adding a TypeCover in Red to my Sexy RT, I mean Surface RT.
    Jazmac likes this.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I got the touch mainly as a cover...but will probably go for the type cover later on!

Global Posts
    2,546 Global Posts
    I'd like the red cover, but tbh I'd just be happy to even have the product coming to Finland in any form lol.

Already?
    Yep. And these are just what is on Amazon. I haven't looked too much around the net yet.

Example 1

Example 2

You figure out which one isn't truly working. I'm thinking example 1 is a little "too delightful" for my tastes and its 40 bucks. But hey, they throw in a green wristband to make you truly stand out at the airport. :)