Delivery of pre-order gets delayed in Canada

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
My guess, for some reason they couldn't guarantee Canadian shipping didn't break release date. Do products purchased from US companies ever get delivered on launch day? I'm surprised it ever said Canadians would get it delivered by the 26th.

I read an article today that said the new Lumia's were being delayed in the U.S., Germany and France. Take it with a grain of salt. I have no idea how accurate it is. Maybe the delays are all related, meaning the factories are overloaded. Just a guess.

At&t 's Nokia Lumia 920 now available Nov. 9th? ~ Nokia For Us

Article makes no sense. I thought Nov 4th was always the targeted date, not the 2nd.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Same, UK pre order a couple of hours after the go live and had my order delayed. Definitely need some answers here Microsoft...

Rallicat

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I received the same thing here in the UK. Only for the accessories I ordered though, the Surface RT itself is still October 26th though. Always a good idea to go check your order history on the Microsoft store.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
*Shrugs shoulders*

In the light of day, I'm not nearly as pissed as I was.

Honestly, I think it's just a case of Microsoft not being ready for the volume of pre orders to other countries. I think they were taken off guard by the interest shown.

Having said that, we just have an extra week to wait, and as long as they don't extend the delivery date further we'll just have to be patient. It's all good.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if they are redirecting inventory to the US just to avoid any bad publicity there since it is probably the most crucial market.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
....or there has been an import/export hangup that will delay it a few days. So which do people is more likely - something that happens on a pretty regular basis, or some RIM-esque blather about Americans screwing Canadians?

It's not about "Americans screwing Canadians". It about catering to the most important markets - it's good business. I can't blame Microsoft if that's the case.

BTW - I'm the IT guy for my company and all our workstations are Dell. They come from Texas and never have they been delayed, unless I put in a custom order.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I got the same email. I stopped by the Microsoft kiosk at the Eaton Centre today and asked about it, as well as whether they're still launching it on the 26th at the kiosk. They said yes, and I got myself a reservation slip from the store.

I think I'll be cancelling my online order, and just grabbing it myself Friday morning.

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Just had this emailed to me:

Dear xxxxx xxxxxx,

Thanks for recent order from Microsoft (Order# xxxxxxx).

Due to an internal processing issue, we mistakenly sent you an email indicating the shipment date for your order had changed. That email was incorrect. Your expected shipping date has not changed.

We're sorry for the confusion our error may have caused. If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at 0800 026 0329 and reference Order# xxxxxx and one of our agents will be happy to assist you.

Thanks for shopping at Microsoft.

allos autos

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I just received the following email from Microsoft:

10/20/2012

Dear ,

Thanks for recent order from Microsoft (Order# ).

Due to an internal processing issue, we mistakenly sent you an email indicating the shipment date for your order had changed. That email was incorrect. Your expected shipping date has not changed.

We're sorry for the confusion our error may have caused. If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at 1-877-696-7786 and reference Order# and one of our agents will be happy to assist you.

Thanks for shopping at Microsoft.

I'm guessing that if it was an "internal processing issue" that some order histories would have the incorrect date until said issue is fully resolved. Mine has always said 10/26 and still does. Looking forward to Friday again! :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234