What apps do you want to come to Surface RT?

dmenglert

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Most of the following are in the Windows phone store so I hope they will bein the Windows store soon, but they all can be accessed by a web browser

TripIt
Expensify
IMDB
Fandango

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Drop Box, Evernote, Kindle, Twitter, Facebook, WeatherBug,
Maps, Olive Tree Bible Program, Fandango or Flixter, Chase

Just a FYI that Bank of America launched their app today. I consider that to be a good sign other major banks may show up sooner rather than later. Granted, as a Bank of America customer, it is nice to see the nation's largest bank not only show up on the scene but actually do so in advance of the official platform launch....

Blackwood504

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Just a FYI that Bank of America launched their app today. I consider that to be a good sign other major banks may show up sooner rather than later. Granted, as a Bank of America customer, it is nice to see the nation's largest bank not only show up on the scene but actually do so in advance of the official platform launch....

Cool i'll check that out!

Flixster is in the Windows Store also.

Flixster app for Windows in the Windows Store Preview

Last edited:

Loz Blake

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Facebook
Twitter
XBMC
YouTube
Spotify
A selection of xbox games which work great with the xbox 360 controller plugged in, like a cut down version of FIFA for example.

Blackwood504

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
"A selection of xbox games which work great with the xbox 360 controller plugged in, like a cut down version of FIFA for example"

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MarcMaiden

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I would love to see some AAA Xbox titles get some ports:

Borderlands
Halo

As far as apps:

Youtube
Chrome
Remote Desktop (Does this already exist for RT?)
Music recording software (I would go nuts for audacity, reaper or any other free daw)
Eclispe/Visual Studio - could you imagine being able to program for ARM on an ARM device? the education benefits would be huge!
Guitar Pro (Guitar Tab literature software)
Text books - I like how Apple has textbooks - I never used it because it's too cramped on my iPad screen but on a 10.6 inch 16:9 screen it would just scream.

Edit: Would love WebEx for work, too!

Everything else I can think of can be done through the browser like you would on a desktop or x86 computer (like facebook etc) - apparently Facebook games work well on the Surface.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Will Xbox on Windows 8 become what Games on Windows Live is? Like will we see big name xbox live games go through the Windows Store with the ability to do like private chats and party chats?

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I think if Friday brings a big announcement of 30 "big" apps to the app store and the big ones(Instagram, Youtube) keep coming every week to the end of the year like a deluge then and maybe Windows RT tablets will sell very well by Christmas.

Blackwood504

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I would love to see some AAA Xbox titles get some ports:

Borderlands
Halo

As far as apps:

Youtube
Chrome
Remote Desktop (Does this already exist for RT?)
Music recording software (I would go nuts for audacity, reaper or any other free daw)
Eclispe/Visual Studio - could you imagine being able to program for ARM on an ARM device? the education benefits would be huge!
Guitar Pro (Guitar Tab literature software)
Text books - I like how Apple has textbooks - I never used it because it's too cramped on my iPad screen but on a 10.6 inch 16:9 screen it would just scream.

Edit: Would love WebEx for work, too!

Everything else I can think of can be done through the browser like you would on a desktop or x86 computer (like facebook etc) - apparently Facebook games work well on the Surface.

Remote Desktop is there. Remote Desktop app for Windows in the Windows Store Preview

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Like many have said:

Xbmc
Or VLC
EPUB reader with highlighting and scrolling features
IMDB and Flixster
Some fun tower defence games like jelly defence
AutoCAD would be nice

Members online

Forum statistics