Is your surface in process or has it shipped

WilliamButlerOgden

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Created an account just to post in this topic.

I ordered on 10/16 minutes after preorders went up like many others did. Initial charge has dropped from my statement and no shipping notice, yet. Ordered the $599 bundle. I'm gonna be really pissed if it doesn't come by Friday, as promised.

If they were able to give one to Bill Gates and all of the tech websites, can't they get them out to paying customers on the day promised?

EDIT:

Sorry I doubted you, Microsoft. :D

Last edited:

rbf

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Latest tech chat around 4:05 CT 10-24-12

Hey everyone... I drilled this chat rep pretty hard and here is the transcript... I did edit out a couple of things about address and ccard number etc. Other than that it is word for word cut and paste: ~ rbf

Thank you for choosing Microsoft Store. An Answer Tech will be with you shortly.
Privacy Statement
You are now chatting with 'Kevin S'.
You: Hey Kevin!
Kevin S: Thanks for contacting Microsoft Store Chat! How can I help you today?
Kevin S: Hello!
You: OK.. Pls level with me on the next question... I want the truth even if i don't like the answer.
You: Order number: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Kevin S: Ok.
You: I hear it is going to be next week before my item ships... not friday... what is the truth?
You: or should i say rec it by friday
Kevin S: Could you please verify the name, address, email, phone number, and last four of the card on the purchase?
Kevin S: Ok.
Kevin S: Ok, just the email as well please.
You: rbf@outlook.com
You: an outlook address... of course.. :)
Kevin S: Ok, great!
Kevin S: So, you pre ordered the Cyan Touch Cover for the Surface correct?
You: yes.. and hdmi adap and type cover and 64gb unit
Kevin S: Do you have a different order number?
Kevin S: Yes there was.
You: let me get all numbres... i did order the cyan separate sorry..
Kevin S: It is ok! I got the other order!
Kevin S: Yes, you are still going to receive everything on the 26th.
You: So will it come two day? if so I should have already gotten confirmation?
Kevin S: You will get the shipping information when it ships. Currently it has not shipped yet.
You: so is it shipping 2 day?
You: or overnight?
Kevin S: My apologies, but unfortuantely I cannot tell you exactly when it will ship. I can tell you you will receive ti on Friday.
You: I have to ask... what do you know that you can say 'for sure' it will be here friday?
Kevin S: That is whn we promised it would be dilivered, and I have not receive any information at all stating a delay in shipping.
You: and you always rec a notice if product is not going to ship on date promised?
Kevin S: Yes.
You: OK thank you... appreciate the professional responses while I was 'drilling you' on the status... I'm sure MS relizes they have the hard core MS loyal royal army out here waiting with baited breath.. :)
Kevin S: Oh yes! And, no worries at all!
Kevin S: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Check the front page article for info on how to track via reference number. My guess is if you didn't get tracking info yet (I didn't) it's probably coming via FedEx direct from China.

WilliamButlerOgden

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Check the front page article for info on how to track via reference number. My guess is if you didn't get tracking info yet (I didn't) it's probably coming via FedEx direct from China.

Holy crap, it is shipping directly from China and is still scheduled to be delivered on Friday. I will post a screenshot in a bit, for proof.

EDIT:
4j86t.jpg

Last edited:

boatsnbeaches

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
It's true !

Just checked FedEx using reference number and zip code -- mine too is shipping direct from China with estimated delivery on Friday 10/26 before 10:30am. My MS account still shows pending but it looks like it just hasn't been updated.

I'm in Florida and pre-ordered the 64G version on the 16th.

WilliamButlerOgden

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
what is the link for online chat?

i order 32gb with cyan touch cover, but only see tablet ship :(

Go to the Microsoft Store website. Then click "Account" near the top right, then on the drop-down hit "Order History." Then on the next page, you should see "Live Chat" near the middle of the top of the page.

It's not as prominent as it should be.

MrTimSmith

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Got the tracking trick to work finally. Says delivery on the 29th. If I don't get it on the 26th like it said when I ordered I will not be a happy person. Promising people a date and not delivering is unacceptable. I ordered online to guarantee I got it Friday and not risking standing in line at the store and them selling out before I got one.

Edit: says "shipment exception". So stupid.

Edit2: Just noticed this: "Package received after FedEx cutoff"

I am trying not to blow up right now.

Last edited:

heulfryn

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Go to the Microsoft Store website. Then click "Account" near the top right, then on the drop-down hit "Order History." Then on the next page, you should see "Live Chat" near the middle of the top of the page.

It's not as prominent as it should be.
thanks.

glad i check with them on the status why only tablet ship and not cover.
now they will process to ship the cover to arrive 26th same day as tablet as original date :)

xkxkxk

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Looks like they are using the digital river service end to end

Bought a Thinkpad off Lenovo's store (also Digital River) and that shipped direct from Shanghai too ...

IIRC, I didn't get a dispatch note for that until it was well on its way.

lennyk1313

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Same here:

Estimated delivery Oct 26, 2012 by 10:30 AM
Oct 25, 2012 2:22 AM International shipment release - SHANGHAI CN

Will be looking out for a FEDEX truck in the morning :)

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Try the tracking work around on wpcentral home page post. Found mine was on schedule for 10/26 delivery from China. Still would have been nice for a little clarification on shipping or at least have the MS Techs up to speed on how things are proceeding. Thanks for the work around wpcentral. :D

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Mine is on its second departure, leaving illionois, here's hoping it gets to Louisiana tonight and I can swing by the store and try to talk them out of it haha

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Daegalus

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I am a little nervous. The Live Chat rep told me it would come on the 26th, but I found my shipping number using the trick on the front page. and it says it will come on the 29th:

Ship date Oct 24, 2012
Estimated delivery Oct 29, 2012 by 10:30 AM
Oct 24, 2012 7:09 PM
Picked up
SUZHOU CNPackage received after FedEx cutoff

The last part worries me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon